Creating Access to Outdoor Wellness
We’ve had the privilege of working with some of the nation’s most impactful nonprofit organizations as well as with long-standing community partners to create equitable outdoor access for all and ensure everyone can experience the wellness benefits of time outside.
Charitable Partners, Commitments, and Impact
- Invested $5.5 million in outdoor programs and community partnerships, enabling 18 million people to experience the restorative power of time outside
- Launched a two-year, $500,000 partnership with Mental Health America to fund community programs and grants aimed at creating connection, inclusion and wellbeing in the outdoors
- Reached 4.6 million children and youth at 4,700 Boys and Girls Clubs of America through a first-of-its-kind Outdoor Social Recreation Playbook and hands-on learning program
- Enabled 8,000 youth to attend summer camps through a $1 million partnership with YMCA and local camps in Maine and beyond
- Continued multi-year partnerships with the Trust for Public Land, Outdoor Industry Foundation, Friends of Acadia and Hike it Baby, and renewed a $3 million commitment to the National Park Foundation’s “Parks of the Future” project
“The kids were apprehensive since none of them had ever done an activity like paddle boarding, but the L.L.Bean staff was outstanding! Our kids were encouraged with positive energy and great people the whole time.”
– Rachel K., Club Staff, North Penn Valley Boys & Girls Club
Getting outdoors is always better with a partner. We’re proud to support dozens of local, regional and national organizations that share our goal of helping everyone experience the joy of being outside.