Freeport, ME, May 18 2020
L.L.Bean Begins Phased Store Reopenings at Select Locations
We are beginning to reopen select stores in a phased approach, including limited-capacity shopping and/or curbside pick-up options as state guidelines allow. For individual store information and reopening status, visit our Retail page.
As we take this step, the safety of our customers and employees remains our top priority. All L.L.Bean employees will be required to wear protective face coverings when interacting with customers and gloves while completing specific tasks. Our stores will continue to follow all state and local guidelines for reopening, including local ordinances for face covering usage by customers.
Additional protective measures include:
- Special shopping hours for at-risk customers (9 to 10 a.m., Monday through Sunday)
- Limited operating hours (10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Sunday)
- Contactless interaction with customers and contactless payment
- Customers can pay in advance at locations offering curbside pickup, and all L.L.Bean stores support mobile pay
- Cash and checks not currently accepted
- Proper protective equipment will be provided to employees, including face coverings and gloves
- Stringent cleaning policies that require frequent sanitization of high-traffic areas, restrooms and surfaces
- Clear instructions for customers upon arrival to ensure an easy, safe, self-service experience
- Social distancing reminders via store PA systems and in-store signage
- Installation of plexi barriers at point-of-sale locations along with floor markers to maintain six feet between customers in line queues
- Capacity restrictions to limit the number of customers in the building at one time
- No on-site returns, repairs or merchandise customization (note: these services are still available for online orders, and returns may still be mailed in)
- Bike service and repairs are currently available with contactless drop-off, pick-up and payment at our Freeport Bike, Boat & Ski store
- Our full-service pro-shop is open at our Freeport Hunt & Fish store
- Closure of common areas including fitting rooms, drinking fountains and water bubblers
- Ongoing employee support and health monitoring including:
- Paid time off for COVID-19 related issues
- Clearance from our Employee Health Clinic before returning to work following absence
- Self-health assessments before each shift. (Employees will not be permitted to work if displaying virus symptoms.)
About L.L.Bean, Inc.
L.L.Bean, Inc. is a leading multichannel merchant of quality outdoor gear and apparel. Founded in 1912 by Leon Leonwood Bean, the company began as a one-room operation selling a single product, the Maine Hunting Shoe. Still family owned, Shawn Gorman, great grandson of Leon Leonwood Bean, was named Chairman of the Board of Directors in 2013. While its business has grown over the years, L.L.Bean continues to uphold the values of its founder, including his dedication to quality, customer service and a love of the outdoors. In the past five years, L.L.Bean has donated over $6 million toward conservation and land stewardship. L.L.Bean operates 54 stores in 19 states across the United States, along with 25 stores in Japan. The 220,000-sq. ft. L.L.Bean retail store campus in Freeport, ME, is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and welcomes more than 3 million visitors every year. L.L.Bean can be found worldwide at www.llbean.com, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram.