For over 40 years, L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery Programs has been taking locals and visitors alike on unforgettable overnight and multiday journeys to some of Maine’s most iconic and picturesque locations, with all-inclusive trips spanning all four seasons and a wide variety of activities.
Now we’re putting the adventure in your hands, letting you schedule a custom departure for one of our existing trips or design a one-of-a-kind itinerary to share with travel partners you choose. Once you’ve decided on the details of your experience, we’ll set everything up and send you out with a Registered Maine Guide who will lead your private group on the trip of a lifetime!
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-888-615-9979
7 days a week, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET
- Prerequisite: None
- Activity level: Varies (easy to strenuous, depending on desired itinerary)
- Accommodation type: Varies (camping to hotel options available)
- Minimum age: All ages (dependent on activity and itinerary)
- Questions: Please call 1-888-615-9979
Ready to schedule your own adventure? Simply request a custom departure for one of the many highly rated, all-inclusive trips you’ll find on our site – or work with one of our knowledgeable Adventure Consultants to build your own excursion from scratch.
Warmer weather might have you kayaking along the Maine coast and camping on remote islands, exploring hiking trails in Baxter State Park, biking along Acadia’s famous carriage roads, or canoeing through history on the Allagash Wilderness Waterway. Winter presents its own exciting opportunities as well, like lodge-to-lodge snowshoeing and cross-country skiing experiences on majestic Maine woodland trails.
All the details are up to you, including when to leave, the activities you’ll enjoy, and where you’d like to stay along the way. Depending on the trip you plan, we can offer a variety of accommodations – from beautifully rustic backcountry campsites to hotels, lodges and inns with more modern amenities.
A private trip with Outdoor Discovery Programs is the ideal option for family getaways and reunions, celebrating special occasions, or if you just want to experience the outdoors on your own terms, with friends and family by your side. We’ll bring the gear and provide all the expertise you need – you get to plan the rest!
Please see the L.L.Bean Private Maine Adventure Questionnaire in preparation for your call with your Adventure Consultant.
Final trip cost will be determined prior to booking. Trip cost is dependent on group size, itinerary, and other requested accommodations.
email@example.com | 1-888-615-9979
- Guidance and instruction by Registered Maine Guides
- All meals and snacks included
- Any necessary gear for camping and activities
- Transportation to and from activities during the trip
What We Provide
- Use of all necessary camping and activity-specific equipment
- All meals
- Transportation during the trip
- First-aid kit and safety gear
What to Bring
- Activity-specific clothing
- One-quart water bottle or hydration system
- Personal prescriptions such as EpiPen or inhaler
- Insect repellent
- Other trip-specific pack list items based on final itinerary
- Waterproof camera
- Your own camping equipment: tents, sleeping bags, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages for the evening
L.L.Bean does not usually cancel events due to inclement weather. However, we reserve the right to cancel an event at any time due to severe weather or other concerns. If L.L.Bean cancels your event, you will receive a full refund for the cost of your reservation.
*Synthetic clothing dries quickly and is the best choice for outdoor pursuits. Please do not wear cotton clothing. When wet, cotton rapidly robs the heat from your body and takes a long time to dry. We also recommend you dress in multiple layers, allowing more flexibility to comfortably respond to the weather conditions and your level of exertion.