L.L.Bean’s Outdoor Discovery Programs has instituted precautions to combat COVID-19. As always, your safety is the foundation of all our programs. With this in mind, we will use our best judgment in deciding which programs to run and how to run them while following guidance provided by medical professionals and federal, state, and local authorities. We are prepared to respond to evolving conditions and there is always the potential that we may need to change the location or elements of our programming at the last minute or even cancel programming. We are working to create a healthy and fun experience for you, but we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to or contract COVID-19 while participating in our programs. The following outlines our efforts to mitigate potential transmission – and is intended to help you decide if you are comfortable with participating.
Our efforts include:
- Guides will practice social distancing whenever possible.
- We are increasing our cleaning protocols, including regular cleaning of our facilities, vehicles and equipment.
- We are providing transportation to program sites at this time. Groups will be required to sit where instructed (distanced from riders in other groups).
- Riders must maintain 6 feet of physical distance from individuals who are not part of their party whenever possible, including boarding, and disembarking.
- For overnight programs with lodging accommodations, communal gathering areas will either be closed or have limited capacity, depending on the venue. After signing up, we will communicate details to you in advance, if applicable.
- We've cancelled any course where we feel we cannot institute appropriate precautions and manage implications from this pandemic.
To help protect you, our staff, and your fellow participants we are also adding some additional requirements:
- Along with what we usually ask you to bring to a course, please also bring, hand sanitizer, your own water in a personal water bottle (non-glass), bug repellant and sunscreen.
- Please be mindful of those around you and practice social distancing during the course.
- Check your emails regularly in case we send you any updated information between now and your course.
- Please feel free to call us with any questions or needs you might have at 888-270-2326.
If you are traveling from another state for any one of our programs, please review the travel requirements of the state you are traveling to and the state you will be returning to. If you cannot meet these requirements, we ask that you postpone your course to a later date.
If you are traveling to Maine for one of our programs, we want to make you aware of requirements the State of Maine has in place and ask that you comply with all recommendations and precautions we put in place. These state requirements may change, but currently they include:
- Maine does not currently require testing or quarantining in advance of entering the state. Please revisit this site often as the State of Maine can change its requirements at any time.
- Please do not plan on joining us if, in the last 10 days, you've tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or if you've had close contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 or anyone with signs or symptoms. Visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus for a current list of signs and symptoms. If you appear to be exhibiting any symptoms while on an Outdoor Discovery Programs course, or if you refuse to comply with our precautions, we may ask that you leave. If you cannot attend a program or are asked to leave because of symptoms of COVID-19, you will receive a refund for your course.
- Please remember that the state you are returning to may also have travel restrictions in place that you will need to follow.
- For the most up to date information on travel to Maine, please visit: https://www.maine.gov/covid19/restartingmaine/keepmainehealthy