Notice to L.L.Bean Cardmembers:
If you recently received a notice that your L.L.Bean Visa is being replaced with an L.L.Bean Mastercard, you can learn more about changes to your account below. The L.L.Bean account must be open, and in good standing for these changes to apply. All cardmembers, see below for details on how to make payments.
1.) Your new L.L.Bean Mastercard(s) will arrive in July via mail.
Your new L.L.Bean Mastercard(s) will arrive in July via mail.
1. Keep using your L.L.Bean Visa Card(s) until your new card arrives.
2. When your new L.L.Bean Mastercard arrives, sign and activate online at llbeanmastercard.com, or by phone at 877-256-9995. Please destroy your L.L.Bean Visa Card(s) when your new L.L.Bean Mastercard arrives.
3. Contact your service providers and online merchants that bill your credit card account (like memberships and subscriptions, your utility or phone bill, etc.) to notify them of your new account number.
2) Can I still manage my account online?
Yes, by logging in at llbeanmastercard.com on or after June 18, 2018, registering with Citibank and providing a new username and password to manage your account online. If you pay your monthly L.L.Bean credit card bill with your checking, savings or money market account you will need to reestablish this on llbeanmastercard.com.
3) Do I need to cancel my L.L.Bean Visa Card or reapply for a new card?
No need to cancel or reapply. Keep using your L.L.Bean Visa Card until you receive your new L.L.Bean Mastercard. As long as the account is open, eligible and in good standing, you will receive a new L.L.Bean Mastercard issued from Citibank in July, 2018.
4) Will my new L.L.Bean Mastercard have a different account number?
Yes. Your new L.L.Bean Mastercard, and any other cards on the account, will have a new account number.
5) When will my L.L.Bean Visa Card stop working?
When your new L.L.Bean Mastercard arrives and is activated, your L.L.Bean Visa Card will no longer be valid and should be destroyed.
6) What will happen to the balance(s) on my L.L.Bean Visa Card?
Any unpaid balance(s) on your L.L.Bean Visa Card will automatically transfer to your new L.L.Bean Mastercard account.
7) Who should I make payments to?
Starting June 14, 2018
- All repeat or scheduled payments to Barclays US will stop.
- All other payments, including checks and payments set up through your bank, will be routed to Citibank.
Starting June 18, 2018
Make your payment using one of the following options:
- Online – Go to llbeanmastercard.com and register with Citibank to manage and pay your account online, or set up repeat payments
- Phone – Call Citibank at 866-484-2614
- Mail – Send payment to Citibank at PO Box 9001068, Louisville, KY 40290-1068
Note – For cardmembers with a payment due date of June 14-17, 2018, please make your payment using one of the following options:
- Mail your payment to Barclays 5-7 days before your payment due date
- Process your online or phone payment to Barclays by June 13, 2018
- Process your online or phone payment to Citibank June 18-19, 2018
8) Will my payment due date change?
Your payment due date may change. Be sure to note the new date from the first statement you receive from Citibank.
9) Will my APRs change?
No, your APRs will not change as a result of your current card being replaced with your new L.L.Bean Mastercard.
10) What are my rewards and will I still get Free Shipping at L.L.Bean?
- 4% at L.L.Bean – New
- 2% at gas stations – New
- 2% at restaurants – New
- 1% on all other purchases
And you’ll still enjoy all these great benefits at L.L.Bean:
- Free Shipping
- Free Return Shipping
- Free Monogramming
- Exclusive Sales and Offers
11) Will I still earn $10 L.L.Bean Coupons?
No. As of June 18, 2018, you will earn Bean Bucks. Bean Bucks are earned on every eligible purchase per the rewards earn rates noted above. You now may use Bean Bucks in any amount, and you don’t have to wait until you reach a $10 threshold. They will not expire as long as your card is open, in good standing and used at least once every 24 months.
12) How are Bean Bucks different from $10 L.L.Bean Coupons?
Bean Bucks are an improved way to get rewards from L.L.Bean:
1. While $10 L.L.Bean Coupons expire after 12 months, Bean Bucks will not expire as long as your card is open, in good standing and used at least once every 24 months.
2. You can use Bean Bucks in any amount towards an L.L.Bean purchase so you no longer have to wait to earn a $10 L.L.Bean Coupon. They will not expire as long as your card is open, in good standing and used at least once every 24 months.
13) What happens to my current Coupon Dollars or available $10 L.L.Bean Coupons?
As of June 18, 2018, the value of your available $10 L.L.Bean Coupons and Coupon Dollars balance will convert to Bean Bucks automatically.
- One $10 L.L.Bean Coupon = $10 in Bean Bucks
- Two $10 L.L.Bean Coupons = $20 in Bean Bucks
- One $10 L.L.Bean Coupon and $3.23 Coupon Dollar balance= $13.23 in Bean Bucks
14) How do I check my Bean Bucks balance, or redeem my Bean Bucks?
On June 18, 2018, your Bean Bucks will be available for use at llbean.com, in-store or by phone. You can also locate your balance by going to llbeanmastercard.com or reviewing your statement
15) Are there any other changes to the reward program?
As of June 18, 2018 you will earn 4% (previously 10%) on L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery School purchases made with your L.L.Bean Mastercard. Donations of L.L.Bean $10 Coupons to the National Park Foundation will no longer be possible after June 1, 2018.
Still have questions? Call 866-484-2614.
Important notice of changes to the issuer of your account.
As of June 14, 2018, the L.L.Bean credit card program will be transferred to Citibank, N.A. Citibank, N.A., will be the owner and issuer of your L.L.Bean credit card account. In connection with the change in ownership, any reference in your L.L.Bean credit card account agreement (“card agreement”) to “we”, “us” or “our” means Citibank, N.A., the issuer of your account. Citibank, N.A. is located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Any reference in the card agreement that contains contact information for the card issuer (for example, an address or phone number) is replaced with the following: Call us at 866-484-2614 or write Citibank at PO Box 6742, Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6742, USA.