Show us how you and your loved ones find joy in the outdoors – share your photos for the chance to win a $100 L.L.Bean gift card.
Post your photo with the hastags #BeanOutsider and #LLBeanContest20.
Comment on our post about this context on the L.L.Bean Facebook page with your photo and hashtags #BeanOutsider and #LLBeanContest20.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The L.L.Bean #BeanOutsider #llbeancontest20 (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of L. L. Bean, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and family members (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same household of such employees are ineligible. This offer is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this contest.
3. Timing: The contest begins on January 1, 2020 at 07:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") and ends December 31, 2020 at 11:00 p.m. EDT (the "Contest Period").
In order for a photo to qualify as an Entry, such photo:
• MUST contain the following text in the comment field: #BeanOutsider #LLBeanContest20
• MUST be the entrant's original idea. The photo MUST NOT copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source or have previously been published commercially or submitted in or won any sweepstakes or contest.
• MUST NOT include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities, and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness. If the Entry contains an identifiable person other than the entrant who submitted the Entry, by submitting the Entry, the entrant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained the consent of such person to the use of the Entry as outlined herein.
• MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes any third party's intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights. Without limiting the foregoing, Entry submissions must not include third-party trademarks, logos, except those of Sponsor.
• MUST NOT include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to books, articles, photographs, artwork, music, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
• MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are) in Sponsor's sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created in their application.
By participating in this Contest, entrant acknowledges and agrees that he or she will clearly and conspicuously disclose that he or she is participating in this Contest in any online social sharing interaction that references the Contest or is used to obtain entries in connection with this Contest. At a minimum, the hashtags #BeanOutsider and #LLBeanContest20 must be included in the caption in all social media communications sent pursuant to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who does not adequately disclose his or her participation in this Contest while engaging in any online social sharing interaction during the Contest Period.
Entries that do not include any required disclosures or hashtag will not be eligible and will be disqualified. Bulk, automated and/or third party Entries are prohibited and will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address, Instagram account, Facebook account or Twitter account. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or Entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any fraudulent methods or attempt to circumvent the rules will void that participant's plays and/or Entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor's discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the pertinent Instagram/Facebook/Twitter account will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Contest at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, data, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
5. Winner Selection: The winners will be selected via a panel of judges made up of representatives from Sponsor during the Contest Period from all eligible entries, for a total of Twelve (12) drawings. All decisions are final in all matters relating to this contest. Odds of winning are dependent upon number of entries received. The winners will be notified via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram from the @LLBean social media accounts. Winners will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond to a prize notification message from L.L.Bean social media accounts or an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor may report, as required by applicable statute or regulation, the value of the prize and the identity of the winners, to appropriate taxing authorities. Except as specifically provided herein, the Grand Prize is guaranteed to be awarded.
6. Entrant Release: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees and consents that Sponsor and its designees may use the entrant’s Contest entry photo(s), Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook name or handle (ID), message, caption, likeness, and/or prize information in perpetuity for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Each entrant will indemnify Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
7. Prize: GRAND PRIZE: One (1) $100 L.L.Bean Gift Card. Twelve (12) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Please allow 2-3 weeks for prize delivery from receipt of winner’s affidavit and hi-res photo. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted except at sole discretion of Sponsor.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, circumvention of the rules by one or more entrants, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion.
9. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the giveaway; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the giveaway; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the giveaway, the uploading or processing of entrants, or in any giveaway-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Sponsor is not responsible for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any material associated with the giveaway. By participating in this giveaway and accepting a prize, each winner agrees that Sponsor and its affiliates, agents, prize suppliers and promotion agencies shall not be liable for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the giveaway or resulting from the winner’s participation in the giveaway, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse, of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, privacy or defamation.
10. Winner List: For a list of winners available after December 31, 2020 send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by March 1, 2021 to: L.L.Bean Brand Engagement Department #BeanOutsider #LLBeanContest20 Social Media Contest Winners List, 15 Casco Street, Freeport, Maine 04033