We make pieces that last, and if they don’t, we want to know about it. L.L. himself always said that he “didn’t consider a sale complete until goods are worn out and the customer still satisfied.” Our guarantee is a handshake – a promise that we’ll be fair to each other. So if something’s not working or fitting or standing up to its task or lasting as long as you think it should, we’ll take it back. We want to make sure we keep our guarantee the way it’s always been for over a century.
Our products are guaranteed to give 100% satisfaction in every way. Return anything purchased from us at any time if it proves otherwise. We do not want you to have anything from L.L.Bean that is not completely satisfactory.
Have proof of purchase?
Please include it with the item(s) you are returning by mail or at any of our stores. We will reimburse the original purchase price to either your original method of payment or as an L.L.Bean merchandise credit.
No proof of purchase?
We will reimburse you with a non-transferable merchandise credit for the current selling price of the item(s).
To help protect our customers and make sure every return is dealt with fairly, we may either require proof of purchase or decline a return or exchange in certain situations, including:
- Items that were not purchased directly from L.L.Bean (such as items purchased at thrift stores, online sellers or garage sales)
- Items missing a label or that have been defaced
- Store returns without proof of purchase and a valid ID
- Items that have been soiled or contaminated, until they have been cleaned
- Items lost or damaged due to fire, flood, natural disaster or accidents (including pet damage)
- Items returned for personal reasons unrelated to product satisfaction
- Store or mail returns of ammunition
- On rare occasions, based on the nature of prior transactions