We make pieces that last, and if they don’t, we want to know about it. L.L. himself always said that he “didn’t consider a sale complete until goods are worn out and the customer still satisfied.” Our guarantee is a handshake – a promise that we’ll be fair to each other. So if something’s not working or fitting or standing up to its task or lasting as long as you think it should, we’ll take it back. We want to make sure we keep our guarantee the way it’s always been for over a century.
Our products are guaranteed to give 100% satisfaction in every way. Return anything purchased from us at any time if it proves otherwise. We do not want you to have anything from L.L.Bean that is not completely satisfactory.LEARN MORE ABOUT US
Need to make a return or exchange?
Let us help.
Have your receipt?
Please let us know as much information as you can about your purchase so that we can locate a record of it. If we can't, we'll reimburse you with an L.L.Bean merchandise credit for the current selling price of the item or replace your item. To help ensure fairness to all customers, we do require a receipt in certain situations. Please see our Special Conditions for details.
To help protect our customers and make sure every return or exchange is dealt with fairly, we may either require a receipt or decline a return or exchange in certain situations, including:
• Items that were not purchased directly from L.L.Bean (such as items purchased at thrift stores, online sellers or garage sales)
• Items with a missing label or an item that has been defaced
• On rare occasions, based on the nature of prior transactions
• Without a receipt and a valid ID in our stores
• Items that have been soiled or contaminated, until they have been cleaned
• Items lost or damaged due to fire, flood or natural disaster
• Returns on ammunition either in our stores or through the mail