||The thickest, plushest flannel shirts, pajamas, comforter covers they're what you want to snuggle into when the weather turns chilly. L.L.Bean's fine flannels come from the mills of Portugal, where flannel making is as much an art as it is a science. First, the finest cotton is carefully spun and woven into a fabric that resists pilling and thin spots. Then, the fabric is meticulously brushed to create a soft, touchable nap.
The world's finest yarn-dyed cotton flannel has been manufactured in the hill towns of northern Portugal for over a century. For generations, the Portuguese have created a more luxurious, uniform fabric from a longer, more costly staple cotton. An involved brushing process gives this flannel its characteristic softness.
- Brushed on both sides of the cloth, slightly heavier on the face, for irresistible softness
- Highly durable and resistant to pilling and thin spots
- Superior in vibrancy and colorfastness than lower quality flannel
- Unique in appearance sophisticated weaves with unusual textures
- Shrink resistant
- Machine washable and dryable please follow care instructions on label