THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PROMOTIONAL GIFT CARDS ISSUED BY L.L.BEAN, INC.
The following terms and conditions (the "Agreement") apply to any L.L.Bean Gift Card given by L.L.Bean for free, including "free with purchase," or distributed as a reward, incentive, part of a marketing program or promotion, or otherwise (the "Card").
1. By accepting and retaining the Card or using the Card, you agree to these terms and conditions, as well as future terms and conditions and program/service changes. We reserve the right to change the format, elements, and terms and conditions of the Card program at any time without notice. Current terms and conditions may be viewed at llbean.com/eventscard. The Card and associated offers are void where prohibited by law. The terms "you and your" mean the person to whom the Card was issued.
2. Use of the Card is limited to the amount of funds associated with the Card. You cannot increase the funds on the Card. This Card is intended for use as a gift to an individual. Resale of this Card or use for unauthorized advertising, marketing, sweepstakes or other promotional purposes is strictly prohibited. Cards may not be used to purchase other L.L.Bean Gift Cards. You may not permit any other person to use the Card issued to you. Your right to use the funds on the Card is a limited right, subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and applicable law. Please note that purchases made with the Card are similar to those made with cash in that you cannot "stop payment" on such transactions. L.L.Bean is not responsible for errors or omissions. The full amount of each purchase, including taxes, will be deducted from the funds held on the Card, up to the total funds available on the Card.
3. The laws of Maine govern the Card and the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
4. Please note that the Card has an expiration date on the front. After that date, the funds will expire, and the Card will not be accepted by L.L.Bean. After the expiration date, please cut up the Card and dispose of it. Invalid Cards are not replaceable or returnable.
5. You agree to use the Card only for legitimate purchases of merchandise or services through L.L.Bean and not for the purpose of obtaining cash from L.L.Bean. You may not return merchandise or cancel services obtained with the Card for a cash refund.
6. It is your responsibility to know the amount of funds available on the Card at the time of purchase. If your desired purchase amount is greater than your available funds, supplemental payment may be made using any other form of payment accepted by L.L.Bean.
7. If you attempt to use the Card for an amount greater than your available fund balance, the transaction, in most cases, will be declined. To use supplemental payment, you should instruct L.L.Bean to apply an amount not to exceed the funds available on the Card, and inform them that you will pay the balance using a different method of payment. If, for any reason whatsoever, a transaction is processed despite insufficient available funds on the Card (creating a "negative" amount, referred to herein as a "Shortage"), you agree to reimburse us, upon request, for the amount of the Shortage. In addition, we reserve the right to charge a Shortage fee of $25 per transaction every time your use of the Card results in a Shortage, subject to applicable law.
8. You should safeguard the Card from unauthorized use. It is your responsibility to record your account number and the four-digit PIN number on the back of your Card and keep this record in a secure place. If you lose the card, it is gone, and will not be replaced.
9. This gift card promotion is designed to provide a benefit to our individual customers by permitting individual customers to purchase items of L.L.Bean merchandise for their own personal use at a discount. These promotional gift cards are not transferable and have no cash value. L.L.Bean reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to honor any gift card that is used in a manner inconsistent with these objectives, including without limitation any fraudulent use. If we suspect misuse of the Card, it may be suspended or terminated.