Preserving the Beauty of
Acadia National Park
Proud supporter of
Through our partnership with Friends of Acadia, we’re proud to help preserve the beauty of Acadia National Park. Since 2002, L.L.Bean has contributed more than $3.5 million to help protect Acadia by supporting youth engagement, scientific research and the Island Explorer bus system, a fleet of over 30 clean, propane-powered buses.
Acadia National Park is the special place it is today thanks to the foresight, generosity and efforts of dedicated conservationists for more than a century. We are pleased to continue our support of Acadia and look forward to inspiring new generations of outdoor enthusiasts.
LEARN MORE ABOUT FRIENDS OF ACADIA
Supporting a cleaner, greener future,
one passenger at a time
“Much gratitude for keeping the island
more relaxed and less congested.”
Island Explorer Passenger, Me
The Island Explorer bus system offers visitors free, alternative transportation to hiking trails, carriage roads, campgrounds, island beaches and in-town shops around Acadia National Park. Since the creation of Island Explorer, these buses have:
• Carried over 6.5 million passengers
• Reduced over 2.5 million vehicle trips
• Eliminated more than 35 tons of pollutants
• Reduced more than 23,000 tons of greenhouse gases
Heading to Acadia
TOP 5 THINGS
- L.L.Bean Sweater Fleece
- Trail Model Hikers
- Trail Model Rain Jacket
- Cresta Hiking Pants
- Stowaway Backpack
- Enjoy a peaceful early morning bird
walk through the Wild Gardens of Acadia.
- Plan a picnic breakfast on the gorgeous
290-yard-long Sand Beach.
- Take a sunset sea kayak tour of
Frenchman Bay for its breathtaking
- Watch the moon rise or count shooting
stars over Cadillac Mountain.
- Take a leisurely bike ride along 45
miles of picturesque carriage roads.
- Enjoy afternoon tea and popovers on the lawn of Jordan Pond House.
- Ride the fare-free Island Explorer
around the scenic Park Loop Road.
- Hike the family-friendly Great
- Camp in one of the many
campgrounds in or around Acadia.
A FEW OF OUR
- Cadillac South Ridge Trail for its panoramic views.
- Jordan Pond Loop for its iconic vistas (and
- Schoodic Head Trail, on the often-missed
Schoodic Peninsula, for its spectacular view of
Mount Desert Island.
- South Bubble Summit and Bubble Rock for
wonderful views and very impressive rock formations.
- Flying Mountain Trail for its stunning views of Somes
Sound and the surrounding mountains.