Guided instructions and a simple, straightforward design make assembling your Vector XL Dome Tent quick and easy.Play
One Minute on Winter Walker Snowshoes (01:00)
DownTek Technology (00:37)
30 Seconds on the Boa Closure System (00:30)
How to Choose Cross-Country Skis (01:43)
Camp Bags (00:52)
Intro to Snowshoeing (02:05)
King Pine Dome Tent HD (01:37)
Turbo Tent (01:00)
Winter Walker Snowshoes (00:41)
Poles for Hiking and Winter Sports (01:57)
Introduction to Cross-Country Skiing (03:15)
Pathfinder Snowshoes (00:46)
Pull Sleds and Toboggans (01:26)
AT 35 Pack (01:16)
Manatee Kayak (01:38)
How to Choose a Kayak (01:49)
Choosing the Right Stand-Up Paddleboard (SUP) (01:39)
Modular Sit-in Kayaks (01:07)
Modular Sit-on-Top Kayaks (01:00)
What to Pack for a Day Hike (02:18)
Top Ten Bike Helmet Tips (02:39)
Runaround Cruiser Bikes (01:00)
Calypso Women's Kayak (01:49)
Bicycle Safety (02:35)
Dirigo XT Tandem Plus Kayak by Old Town (02:07)
L.L.Bean Team Rides in the Trek Across Maine (03:28)
How to Set Up Your King Pine Dome Tent (03:13)
How to Set Up Your Big Woods Dome Tent (03:56)
How to Set Up Your Acadia Tent (02:37)
How to set up your Woodlands Screen House (02:30)
Bicycle Assembly: Runaround Cruiser, Acadia Cruiser or Sport 7 Cruiser (02:35)
Bicycle Assembly: Sport Trail, Sport Tour or Ridge Runner Bicycles (02:51)
Hi. I'm Kevin Nadeau, and I work in product development at L.L.Bean. I'm here to help you set up your Vector XL Dome Tent.
1. Unpack your tent. Select a clear site and unpack your tent. Inside the storage sack, you'll find the tent body, the fly and two smaller bags containing poles, stakes and guy lines. You'll also find waterproof instructions sewn right inside the storage sack, so they're always there when you need them.
2. Assemble your tent. Remove the poles from the bag and assemble them like this. Then slide the two straight poles through the black mesh sleeves that form an 'X' across the tent's canopy. Beginning with the top pole, insert the tip into a grommet on the webbed stakeout loop on the corner of the tent floor. Insert the opposite end of the same pole into a grommet at the other corner, pulling the tent toward you while pushing the pole away to form an arch. Repeat these steps with the opposite pole. The tent should now be standing. Next insert the blue arched pole into the grommet of the blue web on the side of the tent floor. Arch the pole around the front of the tent and insert the opposite end into the remaining blue web, then fasten the plastic clips onto the pole.
3. Install the matching footprint (sold separately). To protect the floor and extend the life of the tent, we recommend our matching footprint, sold separately. If you purchased the footprint, position it under the tent with the coated side up. Insert the tent pole tips into the grommets on the webbing attached to the footprint. Now find the stake loops at each floor corner. Stake the tent to the ground, pulling against the floor of the tent until it lies flat. Pull the front of the tent out and stake it to form a vestibule.
4. Install the rain fly. Drape the rain fly over the tent with the L.L.Bean logo to the right side of the front vestibule. Wrap the Velcro tabs around the blue arch pole to secure the fly to the tent. Connect the side-release buckles on the rear corners of the fly to the buckles on the corners of the tent floor. Connect the remaining corner and side webs by matching up their colors, then cinch the webs tight. Pull the rear of the fly out to form a vestibule, then stake it down.
5. Attach the optional high-wind guy lines. If you're setting up camp in extremely windy conditions, we recommend you guy out your tent. You'll find guy lines, with preattached tensioners in your tent's stake bag. Tie the end of the guy line without the slider to a loop of the tent fly. Next pull the loop from the tensioner and insert the stake into the loop. Then slide the tensioner along until it's tight.
Now, you're ready to enjoy camping in your Vector XL Dome Tent. This roomy family tent is easy to set up, will keep you dry in stormy weather and is backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.