Guided instructions and a simple, straightforward design make assembling your King Pine Dome Tent quick and easy.Play
Hi. I'm Michael Hayes, and I work at L.L.Bean in the product development area. I'm here today to help you set up your King Pine Dome HD Tent.
1. Unpack your tent. Select a clear site and unpack your tent. Inside the storage sack, you'll find the tent body, the fly and two smaller bags containing poles, stakes and guy lines. You'll also find waterproof instructions sewn right inside the storage sack, so they're always there when you need them.
2. Assemble your tent. Remove the poles from the bag and assemble them like this. Then, locate the two pole hubs at the top of the tent. Each hub connects to four of the leg poles. Start with one hub, inserting two leg poles into opposite ports of the hub. Next, slip the opposite ends of these poles onto the pin of the color-coded ring and pen assembly at the base of the tent. Now, perform this step with the remaining ports of this hub. Then repeat each step with the second hub. The tent's main room and screen room should now be standing. At the locations where the poles intersect, attach one clip to each pole, then attach all remaining clips to the poles. Now, stake the tent using the stakeout loops, located where the eight leg poles are attached.
3. Install the matching footprint (sold separately). To protect the floor and extend the life of your tent, we recommend our matching footprint, sold separately. If you purchase the footprint, position it under the tent with the coated side up. Attach the clips to the metal rings at the front of the tent, then slide the footprint under the tent and attach the clips to the metal rings at the rear.
4. Install the rain fly. Spread the fly upside-down on the ground. Assemble the long, fiberglass fly ridge pole. Starting with the front pocket, near the window, slip each end of the ridge pole into the black nylon pockets on the underside of the fly. Make sure the front of the fly with the L.L.Bean logo is over the screen room, then slide the fly up and onto the tent. Once it's positioned correctly, reach under the fly and fasten the loops to the leg poles. Connect the eight side-release buckles at the bottom edges of the fly to the corresponding colored buckles on the main tent body. Tighten the nylon straps at each buckle. Next, assemble the short aluminum brim pole. Insert the ends of the pole into the two grommets into the nylon webbing of the pole clips to create an awning over the screen room entrance. Then fasten the three loops on the fly to secure the brim pole in place. Finally, stake out the vestibule at the back of the tent.
5. Attach the optional high-wind guy lines. If you're setting up camp in extremely windy conditions, we recommend you guy out your tent. You'll find guy lines with pre-attached tensioners in your tent's stake bag. Tie the end of the guy line without the slider to the loop of the tent fly. Next, pull the loop from the tensioner and insert the stake into the loop. Then slide the tensioner along until it's tight.
Now, you're ready to enjoy camping in your King Pine Dome HD Tent. This durable tent's traditional dome shape is proven to shed wind, while the full-coverage, waterproof rain fly keeps the tent dry, so your camping experience can be ideal, even if the weather's not.