Rated 5 out of 5 by NewEngExplorer Wait until you see it!
I am the proud owner of a Camel size Large regular, my favorites aspects include:
1) Durable enough for livestock: as mentioned by another reviewer, the coat feels like a horse blanket; coupled with the solid construction of the Anchor Company and the robust features and sophisticated details made in the USA.
2) Well prepared: attached hood is of generous cut and looks excellent even in the down position, zippers or buttons here
may have disrupted the refined lines of the coat. The main zipper is one directional but terrifically well designed flaps make the hook and loop fasteners quite effective.
3) Proof is in the details: liner is classic black, and 2 interior pockets are just what the doctor ordered, the large side pockets are expandable and the design also include side-entry hand pockets built in.
1) Checked out: this coat will attract attention, extraverted people may approach you and inquire, while not so confrontational folks may try to sneak a glancing touch in passing.
2) Like a BOSS: You may have the incredible urge to act like a boss. The coat will cause people to look at you and think you're a boss and it's possible you may start to believe them and begin to act like one.
3) Short story: This coat will make you feel like your regular size again. I do have long arms and torso and while I enjoy the tall sized options for shirts, vests, sweaters and even Bean union suits - I found the Large regular to fit perfectly; amble in the shoulders, plenty in the length and cut.
March 4, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by GuySmiley47 It's a Great Coat except for the zipper
Bought this coat last year for the style (not puffed up with down or the equivalent) and the warmth. Seriously cozy coat, like wearing a nice looking horse blanket...in a word...Awesome....then I tried to zip it up! Fa-getaboutit!! I thought it had a defective zipper, so I settled for the plastic-bobs and loops that are also on it. Periodically I struggled to zip it up especially when the cold winds blew. I sent the coat back and it was replaced with another coat with the identical problem...something seriously wrong with the zipper...LL Bean needs to take a page from the nicer Puffy coat folks and provide a zipper that works.
February 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by zoeygpa Excellent coat
Warm, great in blustery weather, stylish and well made.
February 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by KSigArt Wooley Duffel Coat
Just what the doctor ordered. My son changed his mind on the peacoat and saw this and it's perfect. Warm, comfortable, and attrac- tive to boot.
January 22, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bill1014 Unusable zipper makes a nice coat unusable
I liked everything about the coat except the zipper. The zipper is too small for the coat, and the parts of the zipper could not be joined when tried by three people. The parts of the zipper to be joined appeared to be for zippers of two different sizes. Upon examination by a friend, she recommended that a tailor could possibly fix the coat by replacing the zipper. I received the coat today as a gift and will return it tomorrow.
January 15, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Macbeth Perfect!!.............except for one thing
The coat is perfect: Highest quality. Heavy, warm.
BUT the zipper is a one way zipper. It should unzip from the bottom as well from the top. This is a car-length coat. In order to sit ccomfortablely, one needs to un-zip the whole thing. Also can't get to my pockets, especially the rear, easily.
A suggestion would be to have ALL car-length coats have a two-way zipper.
January 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Flirts Duffel Coat
This is a beautiful coat. It was bought as a gift. The recipient raved about it. Actually wore it home and put old coat in the bag.
December 18, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Sleepinginstyle "Heritage" does not mean classy appearance
First I was surprised that Yankee Blue means black. I wanted a blue coat. The shiny black frog loops look like cheap vinyl that would not last a year. With the shiny black toggles there is an overall look of cheap. The expensive coat arrived with deep wrinkles that would not hang out over night. The hood had no way to close it up a bit around the neck, basically a heavy cloth sack sewn to the back of the coat. To add insult to injury, the December Sale Catalogue enclosed with my order has nearly the identical "Heritage" coat for 44% less, item MQ265681 on page 5.
I have been a loyal LL Bean customer for 30 years and never have I been so disappointed in the quality and value of a purchase.
December 11, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by 62mark62 Sizing is way off on this item - other issues
Had to send this one back immediately. This was by far the biggest "Large" that I have seen. The size chart was not specific about length, and "large" is the smallest size available in tall. The pockets are positioned too far back on the jacket to actually keep your hands in them, and the zipper and the fasteners are relatively cheap. I only see this jacket working for the Big and Tall guy who can't normally find his size.
December 11, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Yoga1 Not what I'm used to from LL Bean
I was disPpointed in the coat. The fabric was kind of stiff and very heavy. The biggest problem was that the zipper was not strong enough for the coat and it pulled apart.
December 4, 2013