STAND UP PADDLE BOARD BUYING GUIDE
Whether you’re interested in paddling on calm waters, tackling big waves or casting for your next big catch, find out how to choose the best SUP for you.
RECREATION PADDLE BOARDS
The most versatile type of SUP – wide, stable and perfect for many types of water.
• Hull: Wide, flat planing-style hull
• Best for: Flatwater, slow rivers and small surf
• Key feature: Stability and versatility
TOURING PADDLE BOARDS
Longer boards for longer trips, with better glide, performance and tracking.
• Hull: Displacement hull sits higher in the water
• Best for: Multihour trips, racing and overnight excursions
• Key feature: Pointed bow and sleek hull efficiently slice through the water
FISHING PADDLE BOARDS
Perfect for quiet, stable casting, with mounting points for angling accessories.
• Hull: Wide and stable planing-style hull
• Best for: Fishing on flatwater
• Key feature: Comfortable casting platform; deck rigging to hold gear