The L.L.Bean® Visa® Get Outdoors $100,000 Giveaway
OFFICIAL RULES. The L.L.Bean Visa Card Get Outdoors $100,000 Giveaway ("Sweepstakes")
No Purchase or Obligation Necessary to Enter or Claim a Prize. Non-Purchase Entries and Purchase Entries have an Equal Chance of Winning.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States including the District of Columbia, eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of L.L.Bean, Inc., Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclaycard or the "Sponsor"), Visa Inc., Visa U.S.A. Inc., Visa International Service Association, and their respective successors, affiliates and client financial institutions, and each of the above mentioned companies' officers, directors, shareholders, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, representatives, agents, and other vendor agencies, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies of L.L.Bean, Inc., Barclays Bank Delaware, Visa Inc., Visa U.S.A. Inc., including Marden-Kane, Inc., (collectively, "Released Parties"), and their immediate families (spouse, and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households, whether related or not, of the above, are not eligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. To Enter: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. EST on June 25, 2015, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2015 ("Promotional Period"). During the Promotional Period, an eligible L.L.Bean Visa® Credit Card cardmember (issued by Barclays Bank Delaware) in good standing automatically receives one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible purchase made with his/her L.L.Bean Visa card, net of returns, during the Promotion Period anywhere Visa credit cards are accepted. Only eligible Visa purchases with an L.L.Bean Visa card that is in good standing and that is not in default under the cardmember agreement for that account and issued by Barclays Bank Delaware in the U.S., and processed through Visa U.S.A. Inc.'s transaction-processing system during the Promotional Period, are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary cardmember for that account. Account adjustment transactions/returns, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), non-U.S. dollar purchases, ATM, convenience-check, Interlink®-processed transactions, late payment fees, over limit fees, cash advances, annual fees, Visa health and benefit cards, and/or balance transfers and balance transfer fees are not considered eligible transactions for entry into the Sweepstakes. To qualify your purchase must post to your account by 11:59:59 pm EST 12/31/15. Visa cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. To enter without purchase or obligation: hand-print your name, address, city, state, zip, email, day and evening phone numbers and the words: "The L.L.Bean Visa Card Get Outdoors $100,000 Giveaway" on a 3"x 5" card, and mail in a stamped #10 envelope to: "The L.L.Bean Visa Card Get Outdoors $100,000 Giveaway", P.O. Box 189, Milltown, NJ 08850-0189. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2015, and received by January 7, 2016. By providing your email address you may receive L.L.Bean emails about products, sales and special offers. Enter as often as you wish; however, only one entry per stamped envelope will be accepted. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Entries become the property of the Sponsor, Barclays Bank Delaware, and will not be returned or acknowledged.
3. Drawing: On or about January 14, 2016, a random drawing from among all eligible entries received (transactions and mail-ins) will be conducted under the direction of Marden-Kane, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
4. Odds: Estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are: 1:48,853,070 and odds of winning a Second Prize are: 1:1,954,123; however, actual odds of winning depends upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: $100,000 cash (awarded in the form of a check in the name of the winner). Value: $100,000. Twenty-five (25) Second Prizes: a $500 L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery Schools Gift Card. Value: $500 each. Total value of all prizes offered $112,500. No transfers or substitution of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at their sole discretion. All costs and expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner is responsible for the payment of all taxes on the prizes. Gift cards are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by the issuer. See back of card for issuer's information.
6. Winner Notification: On or about January 20, 2016 the Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified via phone by a representative of L.L.Bean followed by written notification via overnight courier. Forfeiture of prize and the selection of alternate winners may result from any of the following at the Sponsor's discretion: (1) failure of a potential Prize winner to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, where legal, Publicity Release and a completed IRS Form W-9 within fourteen (14) days after mailing; (2) the return of any notification or prize as undeliverable or (3) any other non-compliance with Rules. If the prize is won by a person who is 18 years of age or older, but not of the legal age of majority in the state of residence ("minor"), then the required documents listed herein must be confirmed and signed by winner's parent or legal guardian, and the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be required to fulfill all requirements imposed on the winner set forth herein. All potential Second Prize Winners will be notified via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation and may also be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release which must be returned with fourteen (14) days after mailing. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants, or, if minors, their parents or legal guardians agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, photographs/likenesses or videos for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. Upon request, winners agree to consent to such in writing.
7. Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants, or, if minors, their parents or legal guardians, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the prize (including, without limitation, any travel or travel-related activity thereto) that may be awarded. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to its principles of conflicts of law and jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Delaware. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes related materials; or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries or postage-due entries or mail; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, or for entries that fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, or human or other error. If in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor at its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible non-suspect transactions and write-in entries received as of the termination date. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrants, or if a minor, their parents or legal guardians agree that: a) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys' fees or other legal costs. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
8. Who Won?: To request the list of winners, send an e-mail with subject line: "L.L.Bean Visa Card Get Outdoors $100,000 Giveaway" to email@example.com. Requests must be received no later than January 31, 2016. The winner's list will be sent when the drawing has been conducted and the winners verified.
9. Sponsor: Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclaycard), 125 S. West Street, Wilmington, DE 19806. Sweepstakes Administrator: Marden-Kane, Inc., 195 Froehlich Farm Blvd., Woodbury, NY 11797. Visa and its client financial institutions have not sponsored or offered this promotion in any way.
OPT-OUT: If you do not wish to receive future sweepstakes mailings from Barclaycard, send your request to Barclaycard Opt-Out, PO Box 460, Woodbury, NY 11797-0460.
©2015 Marden-Kane, Inc. All rights reserved. These Official Rules may not be copied, edited, or used for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise, without the express written consent of Marden-Kane, Inc.