TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PROMOTIONAL GIFT CARDS AND EMAIL GIFT CARDS ISSUED BY L.L.BEAN, INC.
Customers who made qualifying purchases between March 7, 2014, and April 20, 2014, earned promotional gift cards.
The following terms and conditions (the "Agreement") apply to any L.L.Bean Gift Card or Email Gift Card given by L.L.Bean for free, including "free with purchase," or distributed as a reward, incentive, part of a marketing program or promotion or otherwise (the "gift card").
Promotional gift cards received by email are redeemable upon receipt of the gift card (cards will arrive within 24 hours). Promotional gift cards received at our stores are redeemable 24 hours after receipt in person at our stores. Customers who place a qualifying order but have not provided their email address to L.L.Bean will receive a mailed card in 7-10 business days. Your promotional L.L.Bean gift card will be honored for merchandise purchased at our stores and outlets, through our catalogs and online at llbean.com or llbeansignature.com.
1. By accepting and retaining the gift card or using the gift card, you agree to these terms and conditions, as well as future terms and conditions and program/service changes. We reserve the right to change the format, elements, and terms and conditions of the gift card program at any time without notice. Current terms and conditions can be viewed at llbean.com/promocard. The gift card and associated offers are void where prohibited by law. The terms "you and your" mean the person to whom the gift card was issued.
2. Use of the gift card is limited to the amount of funds associated with the gift card. You cannot increase the funds on the gift card. Resale of this gift card or use for unauthorized advertising, marketing, sweepstakes or other promotional purposes is strictly prohibited. Cards may not be used to purchase other L.L.Bean Gift Cards or goods in our Direct to Business channel. You may not permit any other person to use the gift card issued to you. Your right to use the funds on the gift card is a limited right, subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and applicable law. Please note that purchases made with the gift card are similar to those made with cash in that you cannot "stop payment" on such transactions. L.L.Bean is not responsible for errors or omissions. The full amount of each purchase will be deducted from the funds held on the gift card, up to the total funds available on the gift card. Promotional gift card funds may not be applied to shipping charges, return labels, taxes, duty license/stamps, repairs, monogramming, engraving, alterations, gift boxes, back-ordered items, or Outdoor Discovery Schools® classes.
This Promotional Gift Card will be applied as a merchandise discount; any unused amount will be forfeited at time of redemption. Returned items will be refunded net of the gift card amount. Once a return is processed, promotional gift card(s) redeemed on original order will be reissued, while supplies last.
Promotional Gift Card funds may not be applied to additional costs associated with return or exchange orders.
3. The laws of Maine govern the gift card and the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
4. Please note that the gift card has an expiration date; refer to the terms and conditions of the promotional offer for the expiration date of the gift card. After that date, the funds will expire and L.L.Bean will not accept the gift card. After the expiration date, please cut up the gift card and dispose of it. Invalid gift cards are not replaceable or returnable.
5. You agree to use the gift card only for legitimate purchases of merchandise through L.L.Bean and not for the purpose of obtaining cash from L.L.Bean.
6. This gift card promotion is designed to provide a benefit to our individual customers by permitting individual customers to purchase items of L.L.Bean merchandise for their own personal use at a discount. These promotional gift cards are not transferable and have no cash value. L.L.Bean reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to honor any gift card that is used in a manner inconsistent with these objectives, including without limitation any fraudulent use. If we suspect misuse of the gift card, it may be suspended or terminated.