Rated 2 out of 5 by db916 I liked them...until I wore them
I was surprisingly disappointed in these shoes. I went hiking in them and they really cut the back of my ankles. As soon as we got back to the car, I had to take them off. My ankles were so swollen afterwards. They actually fit just fine and I wore thick socks, but somehow the back of the shoes just would not let up. I've bought a bunch of stuff from LL Bean and this might be the worst of my purchases.
September 22, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Smokiedog Happy feet
These are so light weight and comfortable. First time I wore them Was hiking in airports, and back east. Hiked miles in them! No breaking in. Wore light pair of socks. Maine was beastly hot in August and my feet were not sweating. There is ample breathing. Like wearing a sturdy running shoe.
September 8, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by SAllred Great fit and more
I ordered this hiking shoe for moderate hiking distances on trail and sidewalk outings. First, I was pleasantly surprised how well they fit and how comfortable they were on the first wear. My foot is not narrow, but more of a slim fit and these shoes offered ample room for mid-weight to heavier socks. Second, I love the firmness of the sole, because it offers me great support on uneven terrain and helps take the stress off of my knees. I opted for the plum/grey because they were on sale. I love the soft color combination. I ordered the same size I wear in my running shoes, and these were true to size.
August 21, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by NWNatureLover Perfect for damp day hikes
I am grateful to other reviewers re: size - sometimes I get a 6 1/2 but I'm glad I got a 7 D width for this shoe - it's a very comfortable fit. I have owned these for almost 3 months. They kept my feet dry while walking in wet grass and while camping and day-hiking in damp conditions over a 2-week period. I crossed shallow (< 1" deep) creeks in them, but did not try walking through any deeper puddles. They are sturdy well-made trail shoes.
July 31, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by mistyrider comfortable, but NOT fully waterproof!
I bought these for six days of walking in the English Lake District, where it seems to drizzle (or worse) for part of every day. For light drizzle they were fine. When the rain got heavier, my feet were soon soaking wet.
The shoes are quite comfortable, so I will keep them for future walks in dryer climates.
July 4, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by ChelleyBean001 I am in love!!!
These shoes are EXACTLY what I was looking for: day hikers that are comfortable and waterproof. I am quite pleased so far.
May 21, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by BuckeyeCatLover Great Hiking Shoes!
These shoes were very comfortable from the get go. I wore them around the house for several hours first and then over the next week I went on several 5 and 6 mile hikes. They were comfortable throughout.
May 21, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by macksmom Great shoe
Comfortable right out of the box. Fit is true to size. Will be wearing hiking, and running around. Shoe is a bit heavy, but to be expected from a sturdy hiking shoe. No rolled ankles in these! Love the shoes!
May 20, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by KayakingDogMom Great shoes!
I ordered two pair of these shoes since some reviews said they run small. I found that my size (6.5) fit perfectly and I sent the larger size back. These shoes were 90% comfortable right out of the box, with the other 10% being due to slight stiffness. They seem to be adjusting to my feet as I wear them, so no complaints. I have not worn them much since I have a foot injury right now, but expect to get a lot of use from them. And they look great!
May 18, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by horselover Walking shoes nice, but not for me
Had to return. Too tight/inflexible across the top of my foot. Also, too heavy of a shoe.
May 11, 2016