Rated 1 out of 5 by NuttyOne Poor quality
Not water resistant & zipper broke after just over 1 yr of light use.
October 15, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by NuttyOne Poor quality
Though it kept me warm with layers, was not water resistant and the zipper broke after a year of light use.
April 30, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by NativeofNH Comfortable
Had been looking for a light-weight winter jacket that would slip on easily over my fleece or wool tops. Most of the light-weight jackets have fleece, or fleece-lined, sleeves; not the best for wearing over fleece. I found this jacket at the local LLBean outlet store, and had a chance to try on 2 before choosing the Med. Regular size. I am 5', 118 lbs., with a pear shape, so wanted to be able to under-layer as needed. The Reg. also gives a little more length in both sleeves & body, for extra wind protection. It is perfect for running errands, mall shopping, and road trips, where regular winter jackets would leave one overheated. Have even worn this while shoveling snow in 20 degree weather! Like other folks, I have had some problems with the zipper; will try the candle-wax trick. Otherwise, would have been 5 stars!
February 8, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by customer14432 Pleased
I ordered this jacket in spite of some of the negative reviews. Like others, didn't have a lot of money invested because of a major markdown plus a $10 gift card. I am mostly pleased with it. Due to comments on the zipper, right away I coated both sides with candle wax, and I think that helped. It may have to be repeated eventually. I got an XS petite; I am 5' 1", 105 lbs and it fits perfectly. I wouldn't wear it on really cold days, but it's perfect for doing errands and to work on casual days. It'll be nice for walking in the Spring too.
January 31, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by JeanMichigan Great Jacket
I really love this jacket, light weight and warm, love it has a hood too...and I have had no trouble with the zipper at all. I am about 5 foot -126 lbs and ordered the large petite. Fit perfect.
January 21, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Beancomfortfan Snug fit, zipper issues but works
I got this jacket when it was the daily markdown and I had a coupon, so I didn't invest a lot of money. For what I paid, the jacket works. It's a bit snug when a petite medium is usually a bit roomy on me. The zippers are definitely sub par and extra care is needed. In spite of this, I really like the coat. The weight is perfect for getting in and out of the car and shopping in above freezing temps. 5'1, 130, apple.
January 19, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by MimiTx Terrible sizing
LL Bean is my go to for most of my clothing. But this jacket sizing is the pits. Guess I will pay and return. No way I can wear it. Ordered a Large.
January 15, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by RobinSccrmom Fits, good deal, not warm
I scored this as a daily deal, fits well. I'm 5'3" 140, M is great. I just put it on over a t-shirt after the gym though. It's 30 degrees today and the wind sailed right through it. I'll be setting it aside til Spring.
January 15, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sabiana Works well for me
This jacket works well for me even with many "flaws". I am 5' 110 lbs. I ordered a PXS. Here are my comments:
- The length of the sleeves are great!
- The length of the jacket for the body is a bit too short. It does not reach my hip. An extra couple of inches will be great.
- The width of the body is too wide relative to the width of the sleeves. However, it works great for me because I layer with a vest rather than clothing with sleeves. I don't know whether I will wear this coat without the vest layer because the body is indeed too wide.
- The jacket is very thin. I will only use it to walk between a heated car and heated buildings. It's great for going to the mall because it will be very light to carry.
- Love the pockets with zippers. The hand warmer pockets are positioned just right.
- I don't have any problems with the jacket zipper so far. It seems to be very smooth and of high quality. I don't like big heavy metal zippers. So, this is working out well for me so far.
- Planning to wear the jacket reverse for light rain. I think that's a good feature to have a light rain jacket built in.
- I wish there were more color choices. I don't really like blue but already have many dark color outerwear. So, I bought a blue one. It turns out that the color looks more pleasant than I expected.
- Love the hood which helps to hold the hood of my vest which I wear underneath in place.
- I drove with this jacket on and it gave me lots of freedom of movement.
January 13, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Richardsmom inferior zipper and fit
The first time I put this on and zipped it closed, I almost could not get the zipper undone. Repeated trials were no better, despite various approaches. Also, the fit was very boxy and unflattering. Despite liking the purple color, this jacket was returned immediately.
January 13, 2015