Rated 5 out of 5 by JeanMichigan Great Jacket
I really love this jacket, light weight and warm, love it has a hood too...and I have had no trouble with the zipper at all. I am about 5 foot -126 lbs and ordered the large petite. Fit perfect.
January 21, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Beancomfortfan Snug fit, zipper issues but works
I got this jacket when it was the daily markdown and I had a coupon, so I didn't invest a lot of money. For what I paid, the jacket works. It's a bit snug when a petite medium is usually a bit roomy on me. The zippers are definitely sub par and extra care is needed. In spite of this, I really like the coat. The weight is perfect for getting in and out of the car and shopping in above freezing temps. 5'1, 130, apple.
January 19, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by MimiTx Terrible sizing
LL Bean is my go to for most of my clothing. But this jacket sizing is the pits. Guess I will pay and return. No way I can wear it. Ordered a Large.
January 15, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by RobinSccrmom Fits, good deal, not warm
I scored this as a daily deal, fits well. I'm 5'3" 140, M is great. I just put it on over a t-shirt after the gym though. It's 30 degrees today and the wind sailed right through it. I'll be setting it aside til Spring.
January 15, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sabiana Works well for me
This jacket works well for me even with many "flaws". I am 5' 110 lbs. I ordered a PXS. Here are my comments:
- The length of the sleeves are great!
- The length of the jacket for the body is a bit too short. It does not reach my hip. An extra couple of inches will be great.
- The width of the body is too wide relative to the width of the sleeves. However, it works great for me because I layer with a vest rather than clothing with sleeves. I don't know whether I will wear this coat without the vest layer because the body is indeed too wide.
- The jacket is very thin. I will only use it to walk between a heated car and heated buildings. It's great for going to the mall because it will be very light to carry.
- Love the pockets with zippers. The hand warmer pockets are positioned just right.
- I don't have any problems with the jacket zipper so far. It seems to be very smooth and of high quality. I don't like big heavy metal zippers. So, this is working out well for me so far.
- Planning to wear the jacket reverse for light rain. I think that's a good feature to have a light rain jacket built in.
- I wish there were more color choices. I don't really like blue but already have many dark color outerwear. So, I bought a blue one. It turns out that the color looks more pleasant than I expected.
- Love the hood which helps to hold the hood of my vest which I wear underneath in place.
- I drove with this jacket on and it gave me lots of freedom of movement.
January 13, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Richardsmom inferior zipper and fit
The first time I put this on and zipped it closed, I almost could not get the zipper undone. Repeated trials were no better, despite various approaches. Also, the fit was very boxy and unflattering. Despite liking the purple color, this jacket was returned immediately.
January 13, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by EJB1984 Nice jacket, terrible sizing!
Love the jacket, the colors, material, but the sizing is horrible! I am normally an XS/Small and ordered a Petite XS (I'm 5'0, 105 lbs). This jacket fit my friend who is 5'7 and 140 lbs! If you are petite, I'd order with caution. If LL Bean offered free shipping on returns, I'd be shipping this back! So bummed!
January 6, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by BikerVT Check comfort ratings and sizing before purchase
I purchased this jacket to wear over a sweater in the winter in Vermont, as the comfort rating listed it as good to -15. However, at 15 degrees below zero, it would not be comfortable; it is not suitable for even 15 degrees above zero. It is light and comfortable, but not very warm. It also runs very big, so order down a size. And the zipper sticks frequently, as others have stated.
December 8, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Capa Versatile but Sticky Zipper
I loved this jacket so much that I purchased a second. It is warm, light, and versatile.
Unfortunately the zippers started to stick so I'm going to have to return the jackets. I had an unfortunate experience trying to unzip the coat enough to put my hood down to no avail. Until then I had simply instilled patience with the sticky zipper.
November 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by highlowshopper love this!
I LOVE this jacket. It is very lightweight but WARM. As someone who has a lot of neck/shoulder pain which can be exacerbated by wearing heavier jackets the lightness of this jacket is really appreciated. as someone who is almost always cold, the warmth is appreciated. It's perfect. I hope that LLBean will make one that is mid thigh in length to wear over my longer sweaters....that would be AWESOME!!!!
November 19, 2014