Rated 1 out of 5 by GeorgiaMtns VERY DISAPPOINTING
WHILE THIS VEST HAS MANY NICE FEATURES, SEVERAL EITHER DO NOT WORK EASILY OR NOT AT ALL. FOR EXAMPLE DUE TO THE STIFFNESS AND PLACEMENT OF THE FLY BOX POCKETS THE CENTER ZIPPER IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO ZIP. THE ON BOARD ZINGERS COULD BE A VERY USEFUL FEATURE IF I KNEW THE "SECRET HANDSHAKE" TO OPEN THE ATTACHMENT CLIPS. IT APPEARS TO ME THAT THIS WAS NEVER FIELD TESTED PRIOR TO SENDING IT TO MARKET
April 28, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by Scouter01 Perfect size pack
Very comfortable and well made pack. The boa closure lets you dial in the perfect fit. Downsides are no back storage, no hydration option and there are no internal organization pockets. Everything just settles to the bottom. There was also no foam inserts for the hard shell pockets. Seems like a glaring ommision. What is the point of a hardshell built in fly box with no foam?
February 11, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by BigHoleFishing Fly Fishing
Like the idea of the pockets that zip from the top down and the inside pockets to hold my ID and licenses. No longer do I have to over stuff my waders with flies and other necessary items. Everything fits in these pockets with room left over.
February 4, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by OntheFly new vest- overall good fit & comfortable
I wore the vest on a 3 day fishing trip. Overall I was happy with the vest: fit well, comfortable, and has many storage options. I do not like the access to the loops at the top of the vest and struggled with lack of large storage in the back of the vest for my raincoat.
Overall great quality and seems functional..
October 8, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by falsecast Almost awesome
I fished with this vest for two weeks in the Yellowstone/Glacier area and there's a lot to like about the vest. Some of the features that worked out very well
* the BOA cinch was great and held the vest tight to the body
* the curved pockets behind each of the main fly pockets were a great place to rest hands between sessions (if there's a future version of this vest, perhaps these pockets could be fleece lined?)
* the pre-molded fly box pockets were a nice addition and fit well with medium and large boxes.
* just the right number of pockets. I found that this was a smaller vest but had plenty of space for the right gear, without a multitude of pockets for all the stuff one never needs (and can stay in the truck)
* hemostat loops are great
* great to have the 3-4 loops at the bottom of the vest as attachment points for various items
There were some near misses however that did not work out as well
* the gink sleeve is a great concept and holds the bottle of floatant very well. unfortunately its placement was high on the shoulder for me in an awkward place that I could not see it easily, which made it a challenge to work effectively. the concept is great; perhaps it could be relocated in a future iteration
* lack of pockets in the back. this proved to be a big drawback, and ultimately the reason I returned the vest. It would have been great to have a pocket or two in the back not so much for more gear (the vest holds plenty for my purposes) but for weight distribution. As it's currently built, all of the gear/weight is currently in the front, held high and tight to the torso and some of it at added distance from the body due to the stacked molded pockets. at the end of a day on the river, my lower back ached from the strain. If just two of the molded pockets were rotated to the back (plus lashing straps for a rain jacket and a spot for a water bottle please?) it would be ideal as it would balance the load.
* tippet dispensers. I found that larger tippet spools would not pay out tippet easier through the neoprene dispensers in the front of the vest. I think it would work with the small spools though, but did not have any to try. I did find the pockets useful for simply storing tippet on the spool though and kept them in a convenient location.
in summary this vest is almost there and very creative in some of its concepts. with a few tweaks it would be perfect.
August 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by redslippers The last fishing vest you'll ever need, right?
Husband picked it out and I purchased it for him as a gift. He likes it, but hasn't put to the test yet. Seems sturdy and versitile. Many pockets and pouches to stow all those little bits and pieces.
April 2, 2014