Rated 5 out of 5
by Stihl029 Great Tent!!
Recently got back from a canoeing trip to the Adirondacks for 3 nights with my son and another father/son, they bought the same tent. My son and I are under 6 foot, and this tent fit us perfect. To be honest I can't imagine a third adult fitting in the tent. Maybe 1 adult and two children? The tents is very light weight and easy to pack.
First night we set up camp on an island. The tent is easy to set up, and being as we were expecting rain we put on the full coverage fly. Really like the vestibules on each side and we put all our gear under them. We got the rain, at times it down pored. I was expecting to wake up to wet sleeping bags and our gear wet in the vestibules. Nothing was wet! This tent performed perfect, nothing got wet and we had a very comfortable sleep. While we had to pack up in the rain, when we got to the next destination and camping area, we hung the fly up and it dried very quickly. Only drawback in my opinion, not tent related is the footprint that you buy specifically for this tent is exactly the size of the tent. I was expecting a little more footprint that extended to the vestibules. But the tent itself performed wonderfully and I highly recommend.
June 17, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by passage Perfect
We love the tent. It is just perfect for the two of us!
April 15, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5
by ozarkhiker53 great for backpacking
Just came back from a 3 night on the Ozark's Highlands Trail (section 4: 30 miles). This tent kept us dry and warm in light rainy conditions (3 adults and 1 big yellow dog). All four packs, boots and gear fit under the rain fly. We also set up just the frame and rain fly for one night and still stayed dry!
April 2, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by WLGrose poor design
Here?s my honest review after using the tent:
1. The Mountain Light XT 3 Person tent has very little usable head space unless you're sitting in the very center, and transverse to the length of the tent. It may fit 3 people laying down, but it has so little useable head room that two people can't sit up and play cards in it.
2. It is not very rigid and the short sides don't pull out/have no support;
3. It is not truly free-standing. The fly must be staked at the two doors. This makes the tent fly essentially useless in any location where driving stakes isn't a possibility.
4. The vestibules are so small as to be useless for anything more than a pair of boots. It's too small to store a pack, and even too small to set up/cook on my tiny butane stove.
5. Poor design. It?s my fault for not paying attention, but the doors are on the long sides of the tent, meaning entry/egress is transverse to sleeping/gear stowage. Climb over your gear or climb over your bed roll.
6. The quality just isn't there for this tent. The fly is a poor fit to the tent, the seams aren't even/there are pulls/bunches in the fabric, etc...
I would pick another tent if I had to do it all over again. The quality of build and the quality of design isn?t what it used to be.
October 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by AbletoUseHands Rain-free!
One of our biggest problems with a previous tent (not LLBean brand) was that when it rained...we got wet :(
This tent is wonderful, dry night even when it rained for 8 hours.
This is a perfect tent for 2 campers and their belongings.
August 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by wisfishguy Great tent!!!
I bought this tent last fall and was not able to use it until this spring. I love the tent. Its compact and easy to setup. The side entry with vestibule is convenient to use and so practical. I ordered the 3 person tent to be used by two people. This allows plenty of room for storing extra gear and clothing inside the tent. The little touches, like storage pockets in each corner and loops for attaching a clothes line inside for hanging socks and lights prove this is a well designed tent. I also ordered the matching ground cloth to protect the tent bottom. Its worth the extra cost and matches the tent perfectly. There are plenty of tie down loops on the exterior for securing the tent in windy conditions. I plan on taking this tent on a canoe trip to Quetico Park in Canada in June. Buy this tent, you won't be disappointed.
May 16, 2014