Rated 4 out of 5 by tyhof Better Flannel
Comparing to the basic flannel shirt LL Bean provides, the sleeve length is much better. I am an average Medium build and the shirt has some nice color options with a better fit overall. My only concern is the shirt tail, it comes out easily (when tucked) with above average work and when seating.
January 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by yllbbfwriter Great shirt, very comfortable
I bought this shirt for my boyfriend and it was a huge success. It's hard to get him excited about clothing but he loves the shirt, it fits well, is very comfy, and looks great by itself or layered for warmth. The cut of the shirt makes it very versatile, the hunter green is great and matches well to a lot of things, I wish this came in more colors!
December 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by tofujofu Thank you for making a Small-Tall size!
I bought this for my boyfriend -- he is 6'3", very thin, and has great difficulty finding shirts that fit. LL Bean is the first brand I've found that offers a Small Tall size -- other brands start their Tall sizes at Medium. Everything fits him just the way it should -- though it's just a regular fit on him (not slim) since he's so thin. I will definitely buy more when there are more colors -- please make more shirts in blues and greens, please! The hunter plaid in this shirt is gorgeous on redheads.
December 18, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by LLBeanShopperPennsyl Love it
I have the Fire color and I love it. It's the first red shirt I've bought in a long time. I am 5'10" and pretty skinny, and it fits really well. It's fairly warm, but I wouldn't wear just this outside in the Philadelphia winter. I need to put on a warm jacket over it, but it's great for early fall and mid spring. It hasn't pilled, shrunk or lost color in the three months I've owned it. I machine wash cold and hang or flat dry with everything I own that has a collar, and I suggest you do the same to keep it looking new.
December 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 Very comfortable
Very comfortable shirt with a nice, slimmer fit. I'm really happy they make this in the tall, if fits nigh perfectly.
November 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by nashvegas Great shirt -- get the orange one
Not sure why the white/red shirt is so prominent on the website when the orange one is such a good looking shirt. Regardless, here are some thoughts:
1. I'm 6'3" and skinny (approx. 38L in jacket size) and purchased size medium-long. I'm so happy L.L. Bean makes this size in its signature line.
2. The sleeves are long enough to be worn not rolled up, which is rare on me.
3. The shirt comes down past my waist but not too far that I can't wear it untucked. In fact, it might be a little short for me to tuck this in convincingly. This is the exact length I wanted in this shirt, as I probably would not wear it tucked anyway, but it's not too short.
4. The material is very high quality and soft, though it is -- as advertised -- medium weight. It is pretty warm for the early fall here in the south, but will be a good winter shirt.
5. Again, the orange -- just a great color in a great looking shirt.
October 16, 2013