Rated 5 out of 5áby OnlyPercale Best, Most Versatile Fleece
Because I like the feel and warmth of fleece, I have purchased multiple different types. To me, this is the best combination of features which I will list.
1. It is very soft and warm without being too warm.
2. The pockets, unlike some other fleece, is made out of fleece, so is soft to the touch--unlike mesh.
3. The sleeves do not have a cinch or band at the end which to me is a positive. It remains soft yet the way it is built (with some extra thickness), it keeps out the cold.
4. It fits like an ascent garment, in other words, it has a slimming quality to it, but it does not feel slimming at all. I am 5 10 and weigh 195, 30lbs overweight, yet it fits perfectly. When I get down to 155/160, I can cinch the hem with the cinch cord. For now, it doesn't need to be cinched but is still very slimming without being tight.
5. It works extremely well with the ascent packaway primaloft vests. First of all it looks great together. Secondly, the packaway cuts the wind so that the two garments not only look great together but provide great warmth together as well. I've been out in 30 degrees and higher with good wind and was comfortable, relaxed and felt no restrictions at all.
March 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5áby falsedawn Nice value on sale
Nice quality. Very warm and soft. I've had it for 3 months now and it seems to be wearing well. I appreciate the breast pocket for my cellphone. My only complaint is that the sleeves are difficult to get on over a long sleeve shirt due to somewhat tighter fit of the sleeves.
February 18, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5áby mike1203 Skin tight fleece jacket
Sizing on this fleece is inaccurate. I'm average height and build, 5'-11", 46" chest, and 35" sleeve. All my other shirts and coats are XL and fit fine, but this item was extremely tight through the chest, shoulders, and arms...also short as it barely reached my waist. I'm returning it and seriously doubt that a XXL tall would suffice.
February 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5áby capemick LIGHT AND WARM
Having owned the old version, I quickly bought the new. I LOVE THIS JACKET. It is warm, light, and comfortable--perfect for fall and spring days. On freezing days, I wear it as a layer beneath my Bean Flying Tiger leather jacket. With those two babies on, I could walk across Antarctica! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED--and really nifty looking in blue.
February 1, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5áby Goodhue Good For Layering
I own a number of these jackets and they give me that "cozy feeling" that only fleece can. This jacket works best as a mid-layer,fitting nicely under a winter coat.It does nothing to block wind so it really isn't suitable, on its own, for a windy day. I often wear a Trail Model Fleece Jacket under a rain coat for added warmth on a nasty day.
January 31, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5áby rgsh Great style even if sleeves too long
Really like the style of this fleece jacket. Doesn't bulge out around the waist as so many do which makes it very sleek looking. Only problem is the sleeves which were too long. Took to a tailor and had them shortened. Despite the extra cost of doing this, I'm tempted to buy another one as it's such a good looking jacket. Hope they don't
change the style. Just shorten the sleeves a bit. Recommended.
January 28, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5áby Jumar Not The Original Fleece
I've used LLBean fleece for years and, fortunately, have one jacket remaining. This version seems lighter weight, the sleeves are finished differently, and it is cut differently, such that the sides are curved inward at the torso, front and back, as can be seen in the website photos. The result is a tighter fit. The LLBean logo is on the left chest. Please bring back the excellent original fleece jacket! I returned this version.
January 17, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5áby Debra11 Too small for comfort
I bought this jacket for my husband. It is not the quality of the llbean fleece I bought a few years back, much thinner fabric. The jacket also runs small. I bought a man's large and it was more like a medium. I am returning it.
December 29, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5áby indyducktor Sizing off-WAY off
Have many Bean fleece jackets and pullovers dating back to the '80s, but nothing like this jacket. Sleeves on the new one are extremely long, torso is small, no Lycra on sleeves or around the bottom, and material seems thinner and less dense than older items. Overall, a change for the worse. Please bring back the "real" original fleece jackets.
December 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby ComfortSleeper Just What My Son Needed
I am lucky enough to have 5 birthdays in our family right around Christmas tide. I bought this fleece jacket for my son and he is very, very happy. A great value, quality, and I would recommend it. Runs true to size. I bought one for myself after seeing the quality.
December 26, 2013