Rated 5 out of 5áby tnsmokieshiker Impressed on first look
This is obviously a cold weather bag that I have purchased in the heat of the summer. Have not used it yet, but a good look-over indicates quality construction and all the features I wanted. I'll try to check back in after my first trip this Fall to report on performance.
July 7, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5áby ElSid1 Excellent product
Have used this bag a number of times in the last 6 months in temperatures from 32 F to 80 F. Light weight, easy to compress into pack sack. Zipper is reliable.
July 27, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5áby S2Stew Very comfy, perfectly rated, a winner
I got my bag this past December and have slept 3 very comfortable nights in it with snow on the ground outside my tent. The first night it got down to about 25 degrees (F) and I didn't zip the bag up all the way until 2 a.m because I was too hot. The next trip was 2 nights down to about 10 degrees and I was very comfortable.
To be clear, I added a 2" self-inflating camping pad, a fleece sleeping bag liner and wore polypro long johns each time because I wasn't sure how the bag would do. I could have done w/o the bag liner the first night, as I was sweating!
I plan to use this for all my backpacking trips where it's below 70 degrees at night and all winter camping trips. It feels like it will be comfortable in a wide range of temperatures.
1) I love that this packs small and light.
2) The fabric (when dry) felt great against my skin and the zipper and draw strings worked perfectly.
3) I'm 5'11" and 185 lbs and I found this bag very roomy at feet and shoulders and more comfortable than any of my previous mummy bags.
4) It feels like a great value for what you get (water-resistant down at a synthetic bag price).
5) The roominess was great, I easily reach down to pull up a sock, tuck in clothes to pre-warm for the morning, etc.
For me the negatives were pretty minor:
1) When I closed down the hood draw string and slept for a while, the fabric around my mouth got pretty damp from my condensed breath. And when it brushed against my face it felt like a cold, wet washcloth; not conducive to sleeping. I've only had synthetic bags for decades and never had this feeling. Maybe it's a down thing?.
2) I prefer a center zipper pull to a right or left side zipper, since I turn over a lot in my sleep.
3) I wish they had put separate zipper pulls inside and out, instead of a single pull, which made it a little harder to find from inside.
4) I wish the velcro that holds the draft collar at the shoulders was a little bigger, as it bit drafty at that spot.
If LL Bean resolved the last 2 negatives above, I would rate this with 5 stars.
April 6, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5áby AbbyG Awesome Bag!
I just bought these bags a couple of weeks ago and took them on our first backpacking trip of the season. I got the regular size one and my fiance got the extra long so that we could zip them together. They are very warm, comfortable and spacious. We found that when you zip the two bags together, there is a ton of room! This would be great for just a casual camping trip in mid-summer. It got a little chilly though for early season backpacking. There was almost too much space in between us that the cold air was sneaking in. Besides that, I'm pretty obsessed with my new sleeping bag :)
May 29, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5áby Macgyver Down-Tek, Mummy 20o Sleeping Bag
I believed the 20o Bag would have been a good middle of the road Temp.rating for 3 season Backpacking, since my 0o bag was to hot to sleep in. But in reading the tag on the zipper, I realized that LLBean bases their ratings on someone wearing a hat, long underwear and sleeping on a 1" thick insulating pad. I wish they gave this information in the product description because now I wonder if I should have gotten something rated in the 5o -15o range. We will see. Other than that, a good quality bag, with a comfortable interior, I only wish someone could come up with a better zipper system, it sometimes gets stuck when unzippering.
May 29, 2013