Rated 5 out of 5áby FortyninthState A woman's perspective
I wanted to add my review on here, since there aren't too many yet. I needed a pair of winter boots. I live in Alaska. Not the southeast area, but the upper Interior. It is really hard to find a good winter boot for the temperatures up here. It really isnt that cold yet, +10's to 20's with only a couple inches of snow on the ground, so I can't comment on the comfort range temperature wise, but there are a few things that I really like about this boot so far:
1. This boot fits my foot. I went with my actual size, and the boot fits perfectly. It isn't too clunky compared to other brands and I can actually see myself wearing these for long distances. Right now, I wear a pair of medium weight wool socks with a liner underneath and my feet have plenty of room to move inside which is very important to keeping your feet warm. I could also easily wear another wool sock and still be comfortable. There is adequate cushioning to make walking comfortable. The downside, the shoelaces are waaay too long, I have to triple tie them.
2. This boot has a thick felt liner, with the option of buying additional liners. Liners that can be taken out of a pac boot is the best way to keep a foot warm. Take them out, dry them out, put them back in, good to go.
3. The quality of this boot is pretty good. The leather is soft and supple, the shoelaces are tightly woven, the sole is fastened on really well. There aren't any loose threads or glue showing anywhere. The tread is aggressive. Compare the workmanship to the other top brands, and you will notice a biiig difference. I paid 300 dollars for top of the line boot (not made by llbean) last year, wore them twice and the plastic toggle closure broke off making the boot unwearable. I learned that simple is better and the Bean Boots are exactly that. The leather and rubber components on the bean boot is much better quality as well.
4. The sole of the boot is bendable. In cold weather, a bendable sole is extremely important so the foot can move and continue to stay warm while stepping on the frozen ground. My husband bought a pair of boots from a different company the same time I bought these and he couldn't bend the sole at all. Needless to say, I won the bet and he is getting a pair of Beans now.
5. Not necessarily related to the boot, but I decided to order these via phone versus the internet and LL Beans customer service was top notch! They were extremely friendly, willing to help, and made my experience an enjoyable one. Plus, I was informed these boots have a lifetime guarantee. Perfect!
So, so far, I am very pleased with this boot. I will update once our temperatures are below zero. Thank you LL Bean for making a decent pac boot!
October 18, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 maine pac boots right
I bought the boots to replace 2000 gram insulated boots. Big mistake the leather in these boots is so stiff that one day walking a short distance to my deer stand both boots wore a sore on both shins causing bad sores. Also where the leather is sewn to the rubber bottoms is a wide ridge that sticks into the boots causing a rub on the side of the ankle. I had to use my old boots with big band aids on both shins. I didn't have a real chance to test them in real cold weather. Opening day of deer hunting it was 6 above 0 and got up to 10 above 0 with 30 mph winds out of the N.W. I only wore them one day. They seemed warm as I stay out from dark to dark in a small ground blind. I had a pair of LL Beans first pac boots back in the 1960s they were great but not these new ones not great at all.
November 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby NortheastBean Excellent Comfort and Durability....
I received the boots & I just wore them for the 1st time in the snow. My feet stayed nice & warm & dry. I was able to walk around in comfort without feeling like a "heavy weight" was on my feet.
I would recommend these boots for anyone who spends a lot of time outdoors.
November 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby StrengthAndBeauty Comfortable, durable, warm!
These are the best boots I have ever owned. I have lived in Alaska and WA State. I am in CA now, but I travel to cold places and these are handy!
November 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby JLars LL Bean Pack Boot
First let me state that I have purchased two pair of these boots. My first pair were "appreciated" by someone else. I wore those as a lift operator at a Northern NH ski resort. Super warm and comfortable. So much so, I was always the guy outside loading skiers. The snow would actually melt on the toe of the boot they were so warm.
My second pair bought just recently, twenty years after the first. Same great quality boot, same comfort and same warmth. Nice to know that LL Bean has not taken shortcuts with their products.
If you are looking for a quality boot that surpasses all others this is the one....they are a little wide but this extra width allows for good circulation in your feet thus your feet stay warm for hours in these boots. Buy them you won't be sorry!
October 30, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5áby italman pac boots
boots fit real well and are not too heavy for -40 boots. leather is excellent. should be a real good warm boot for those cold jan an feb days. laces way too long but I can deal with that. also I did get good service and fast shipping.
August 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby tmpot Maine Pac Boots
Excellent boots for winter. I waited for a sale and received 10% off as well as using my gift card and $10 coupons I accumulated. Thank you; Just what I wanted
May 22, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby upnorthener Excellent boots
I bought these boots to keep my feet warm becasue I spend a lot of time shoveling snow from our driveway and roofs (we usually get close to 200 inches per year) and my old boots (not an LL Bean brand) weren't doing the job. These boots are very warm and comfortable and haven't had any cold feet outside since. My feet actually seem to warm up when I put these boots on and go outside.They have great traction also.The only negative to the boots are that they seem a bit on the heavy side at first, which I didn't notice after a few uses.
March 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby MandaB Excellent Boots
My husband works outside year round and has worn these this winter. They have never let him down - his feet are always warm - even through the -25 temps we've had this winter. Also, they provide great traction on the snow. I only wish we had purchased them sooner.
February 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby ComiKal Excellent Investment
These boots are so comfortable, they offer right-out-of-box ease of wear. The bed is supportive and wide enough to circulate air around the foot, a convection effect, excellent for warmth. The height is perfect and the leather is so soft and supple, it almost feels like a favourite baseball glove. They are easy to put on; you can slide your foot right in, and then achieve a custom fit with the lacing system. They are really so comfy, I was tempted to wear them constantly. Our dog and I take long, rambling walks in the woods. Our temperatures are way below freezing and my feet stay warm and dry. Please consider making a set for my dog!
January 4, 2013