Rated 5 out of 5 by Outdoorbiker Down Damask Pilllow
I have used these pillows for a couple weeks now and find them very comfortable. I chose the medium fill pillow and that is all the filling I need to support my head. I sleep on my side and back. They fluff up nicely in the morning. I also bought the pillow protectors and they are very high quality and fit the pillows perfectly. I would recommend these pillows to anyone who enjoys the feel of down.
November 16, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Vermontfarmer lotsa feathers!
The firm pillow was way too firm for me, so I bought another in med.....still too pouffy! I gave the firm to my husband, who loved it, but when I take off the case to wash, it is full of feathers! Not one single review mentioned this problem, so I'm assumming the feathers are at fault, not the fabric......if this keeps up, it won't be firm much longer. I grew up with feather pillows and I realize they do shed some, but this is close to a migration!
November 16, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by ludmilla "down" pillow
Although the pillow is comfortable & washable, I was disappointed to find on the label that it is only "75% down" and there is no indication of what the other 25% contains. It also is NOT noted in the product description on the website. Therefore, for the price of $79, I expected a 100% down filled pillow.
Even though the "down" is sterilized, it is still important for those with allergies to be aware of the make-up of the complete pillow.
November 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by kynance64 Perfect fit
I purchased the standard size medium and soft down pillows. Both are very comfortable and work well for me. I received a carrying case for the medium pillow - a great idea.
November 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by PetraS great pillow
This is the 3rd pillow of this kind that I bought. They are all as described. I have not found a better one anywhere.
October 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by wisegreatgrandma A Breath of Fresh Air
I have had very few positive experiences with pillows. Imagine my delight to be able to just sleep on it and love it from the first moment. For me, at age 76, that is amazing....thanks for a great pillow.
October 1, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by FarmPrincess Soft as only down can be, cradles your head nicely
Have been looking for a new pillow to replace my old down one that is probably 9 or 10 years old now. The L.L. Bean pillow is a nice pillow, no odor as a couple previous reviewers mentioned. Most pillows are too overstuffed for my taste, so I was excited to receive this one. Unfortunately, although I love a flat pillow, this one is just a little too flat for me, so have exchanged it for a medium. I look forward to another 9 or 10 years before having to replace it.
September 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mebbs So comfy, stays soft, plus still suportive!
For years I have been searching for a soft down pillow. As a sleeper that hugs and moves around on my sides, most pillows are TOO hard, too big, and just bug me. I have had a wonderful down pillow I had been using for what seems like decades, so I have been in search of another to replace it. I am SO happy that I bought this one that I thinik I willl buy another for my husband, who sleeps differently than me, The times he used this pillow when I wasn't in bed, I had to sneak it out from under his arms!!!,,.I don't fully understand how this down pillow is non-crushable, but it must be in the way it is filled inside its' core. It cradles and still holds its' loft, which sound like two different things - it does both. I purchased a soft regular, however, I don't know if ithe properties apply to the queen or king, but one would assume so. . I just love this pillow!
September 10, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by justgraduated77 New supplier not up to par
I got a Down Damask Firm pillow in the fall of 2010 and is the greatest pillow I've ever had the pleasure of using. When I graduated from college this year, I figured I'd get another one as I was upgrading from a twin bed to a queen. Unfortunately, the new pillow is way too firm - I had major issues falling asleep because my head was so far up. I ended up having to return it.
Buyer beware - if you expect these to be like older vintage L.L. Bean pillows, they are not. The model number has changed - my old pillows are TC205882 which differs from the current model number despite identical product descriptions.
September 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by GWolf Best Pillow Ever
I have tried at least four different types of pillows over the past year. I have arthritis in my neck, and until I got this pillow, I would wake up every morning with an aching neck. This pillow has just the right amount of firmness and shape while still being pliable. I'm a side sleeper, and this pillow works perfectly for me. I definitely recommend it!
August 20, 2014