Rated 4 out of 5áby gardengirl60 Bag good, color not so
The bag is a good size, good shape. Light but sturdy. I am happy with it. My only problem is I ordered the Marina Teal and when it arrived it is a decidedly green color. I think they need to update the photos for this product. If the color is important to you, keep this in mind.
May 20, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5áby Iloveyoutoo convenient and pretty.
This carry bag is pretty and classy looking and easy to tote on your shoulder. Very well made.
I love the size of the different pockets. A very attractive
shoulder bag that is convenient for all occasions no matter what your age - you will love it. A classic looking Have been using it and and glad I purchased it - it was a great find.
May 15, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby boymom07 Great hands free option
I received this bag a month ago in the silver moon. The color is very close to what is shown on the website. I unzipped the bottom to allow for extra room and can fit my entire wallet, camera, lotion, sunglasses, tissues and cell phone inside (zippers closed) with space to spare. I have chosen not to utilize the built in card slots, but I love having the pen holder. I have two small sons and this bag is great for being out and about as it holds everything securely so I can focus on my kids. I highly recommend it!
May 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby OldyBeaner stylish, easy, useful
No hands needed with the cross-body straps, so convenient. Only 2 zippers - no more guessing "are the keys behind zipper number 3?" Small, only for essentials needed running errands, so I am not searching and dumping contents to find things. If traveling, I have other things I can pack more things into.
Pretty. Strong. Easily wiped clean. Zippers slide without catching.
A real find.
May 1, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5áby jjll Practical, flexible, sturdy, casual bag BUT...
... more compromises in quality and function than I expect from an LLBean product. Details follow, so you can decide whether they would matter to you.
* Generous main compartment, divided in two sections, holds a Pocket Filofax, 2 eyeglasses cases (1 soft, 1 hard), a pocket-size wallet, ID badges for 2 workplaces, and 2 thumb drives, BUT the slippery nylon lining, while easy to clean, causes everything to slide to the bottom and get tangled up. If you just need to carry a book, a cellphone, a credit card and sunblock, it's perfect.
* Lined pocket on the divider, probably meant for a cellphone, could hold sunglasses, BUT it's made of soft fabric and too small to hold a hard case, so it's only suitable for glasses with sturdy frames.
* Slots on the divider could hold credit cards, bus passes, ID, etc., BUT as other reviewers note, they are hard to get at, especially if there's anything else in the bag.
* Key fob is likewise handy in concept, BUT its low placement and 6" length mean keys easily get tangled amongst other items in the bag. And because it's anchored a couple inches down inside the bag, keys can't be easily used without unclipping them first.
* Zippered front pocket can hold loose items (coins, lip balm, hankie), BUT the pocket is flat and has the same slick lining, so items end up jumbled, plus they can be hard to get at if the main compartment is full.
* Shoulder strap is wide, adjustable and very well-placed for cross-body wear in front of the body, BUT it's slippery, so the bag will slide around to the front if you try to carry it in back, and it will slide right off if worn over one shoulder.
* Zipper around the outside improves the bag's utility for casual travel - unzip to fill with items for the day's adventures, then unload and zip it up to a narrower profile for an evening out, BUT when unzipped, the pair of zipper tracks stick out around the sides and bottom, so it really is "casual" only.
I have one unmitigated complaint: the "L.L. Bean" logo is printed in the same high-contrast color as the decorative doodle in lettering 1/2" high and 2" across the front of a 10" bag, and it really stands out. I've bought LLB goods for decades for their reliability and quality, not to flash a logo.
Despite the tradeoffs, this bag works pretty well for me as I move between multiple sites in my daily work. I appreciate the light weight and the water resistance - big improvements over my previous shoulder bag. I do hope that another generation or two of design tweaks may result in the level of practical quality I've come to expect from L.L. Bean.
April 22, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby Adina72 Cute Lightweight Functional Bag
This bag is small but it holds just enough for everyday needs or vacations. I prefer crossbody bags, but any leather bag I've purchased is just too darn heavy. This bag is so light, I keep checking to make sure everything is in there. There are just enough pockets for a few cards, pens and your cell phone. And there is a zipper around the outside of the bottom of the bag to expand it about a 1/2" or so. I can even fit my kindle in the bag if I don't use the hard case that I have for it. This is a major bonus for me. I did have to pair down what I put in the bag on an everyday basis, but so far that has been a good thing.
April 17, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5áby sewnjd looks better than is!
This item has so many nice features and I loved what I saw online. Just the right size for me on vacation and I was excited to get it. Once I received this bag I was really unhappy in the design and quality of this item. Not the standard I am used to from LLBEAN products. The zipper drove me crazy and I boxed it up and sent it back. Also they missed the boat on the expanding feature of the bag at the top. I would love to see it improved and I would get one with the updates. Thank you.
April 10, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5áby JerseyHawkeye Silver is cute but yellows over time
I really love this bag and the size that it is. Having the option to expand it is a nice feature. I just wish there were more colors. I purchased the silver figuring it would go with everything. But there seems to be a bleed through and all of the edges where the zippers are have a weird yellowing color. I don't smoke and my skin is not that oily...even after washing it several times, its still there. I don't like the green color at all and the purple doesn't seem like a summer color to me. Wish there was yellow or peach.
April 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby cave Great for travel
Perfect size-- not so large it is in the way and not so small that all needed items won't fit! Can be expanded by a zipper( like a suitcase). I used this on a recent trip and found it very 'user friendly'
There are slots for credit cards,a cell phone pocket,an inside open pocket,and a zipper pocket on the outside. All these things make for safe yet easy access. I will be using this bag often.
March 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby tiger78 Very comfortable
I purchase it because I am getting ready to travel and have use it when I go to work because it free my hands. It has lots of room which is an essential for me. I like the color.
March 3, 2013