Rated 5 out of 5 by OLDORCHARDSHOPPER GREAT GIFT
THE SALESMAN WAS SO HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS, MY SON IS A TEACHER AND IS GOING TO LOVE THIS MESSENGER BAG, IT'S PERFECT.
November 6, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by tmatt Quality high; practicality low
The key point: This is not a bag for commuters who need to get in and out of pockets and materials while on the way. This is heavy leather and very high quality, but almost impossible to use unless you stop, lay the bag down, and dig into it's one or two deep pockets. NOT practical while traveling or commuting.
August 21, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by OdysseyMick Expected more than this delivered
This is a good quality product fairly represented. As a messenger bag, it would perform well for a long time. However, it is heavier than expected (reflecting good quality materials and construction, I am sure), and does not have a handle to hand-carry the bag, which I quickly found was a feature I needed from time to time. For anyone that wants a good quality messenger bag to always shoulder-carry, this is worth considering. But for anyone that might want the bag for to and from work that sometimes has to dress even a bit more formally than a bike messenger or wants something a bit more comfortable to lug back and forth, this probably isn't the bag for you. Alas, I found it wasn't for me and returned it.
August 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sammana14 Excellent quality, very attractive bag
I'm a 20-something professional woman and I was looking for a rugged bag that was also nice enough to wear with a suit for carrying my laptop, papers, etc. to work. I bought this and the Regular Leather Messenger Bag in brown (see my review there) and decided to keep this one. My thoughts:
- This bag has great pockets - one in the back, one in the front under the flap with credit card, pen, and cell phone pockets, and a divided main compartment (padded laptop/other). All of the pockets have zip closures.
- It's the best quality "rugged" messenger bag I've ever seen... the leather is thick and soft, the canvas is sturdy, the zippers are strong... it's extremely well constructed. All of this makes it a bit heavier than the Regular Leather Messenger Bag, but not noticeably so once it's on your shoulder.
- I was worried it might be too masculine between the styling and the size (it looks bigger but it's actually almost exactly the same size as the Regular Leather Messenger Bag). It *is* a bit big on me (I'm 5'9) and would definitely overwhelm a smaller frame.
- The size is great for me... it fits my laptop, everything that used to be in my purse (wallet, e-reader, phone, makeup pouch, glasses case, small notebook, etc.), and still has room for files or a large notebook. I plan to use this as an everyday bag, so I did have to buy a small pouch for all of my small purse-type things (breath mints, headphones, etc.).
- It looks great with everything from jeans to a suit and the color is light enough to wear with black.
I'm extremely happy with this purchase and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a good everyday business bag.
June 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by MistyO Rangeley bag
I bought this for a computer bag and I am very happy with the quality of the leather and workmanship. I believe it will get better with age.
December 12, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by gdman89 Rangely Messenger Bag
I don't like it at all. I needed more interior organization. Instead, many of the items I need to carry become a jumble in the bottom of the bag - much like the problem I had using the canvas Boat Totes for so many years. Keeping paperwork crisp doesn't seem possible given the construction. The unit is handsome but very heavy and the clasps for the (non-leather) shoulder strap seems to twist the strap every time I hoist it to my shoulder. I will be returning it.
October 27, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by jwpham well made
This is my third bag from LLBean. Had problem with my last one and they refunded my money after three years...BEST customer service of any company. Regarding the bag...well made and seems very, very durable. Because of the thickness of the leather it is much heavier than I thought it would be. I beleive this bag will last a very long time...great looking as well.
October 17, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jeff24 Nice Bag!
A sturdy, attractive laptop/carry on bag that looks great over my shoulder at the airport! If it lasts as long as my LL Bean briefcase has (purchased in 1990 and still going strong) then the messenger bag is going to outlive me!
October 17, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by coder42 very nice professional bag
After carrying my kindle, laptop, etc around in various backpacks for years I decided it was time to lose the college student look and get a professional bag. This was a good choice.
The bag looks great and seems like it will last forever. The only drawback is that it does not have a center handle so you always have to pick it up by the main strap.
September 26, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by MBGFLY Rangley Bag
Wonderful bag. Big. Well constructed, good quality. Worth the money.
August 8, 2012