Rated 5 out of 5 by RCinTexas Perfect!
I've had a few other leather bags which served their purpose, with replacement straps, hinges, etc..
As soon as I took it out of the box I could tell this was soooooo much better than any others I've owned and/or looked at. The leather is thick which will make it more durable. The zippers are heavy duty as well. The inside protects anything I carry. Usually have my 15" macbook pro and ipad, a small nikon digital camera and computer wires.
If this ever wears out I will get another one for sure!
You will not regret buying this.
April 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by G9030 Perfect bag for my needs
I am a teacher and this bags carries everything I need it to, plus more. It is made well and should last for years. Other reviewers have mentioned that it has no center handle, but to me, that is a non-issue. If you want a good looking, durable leather messenger bag... you've found it.
February 28, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by mrlucas Rangeley bag
The bag has very nice leather, but I did not like the looks of the webbed strap down the center, and the non leather strap. The bag also seemed larger than the described dimensions. It definately needs a center handle for carrying. I also purchased the regular leather messenger and have kept it. It was smaller in size, and has a carry handle. I like the color better also. I also didnt like the magnetic closure of the flap.
February 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DanielBagWearer Fantastic Bag
This is an excellent bag, made from a thick durable leather that has so far weathered the winter without incident. I've scratched the leather in a few places - normal wear and tear - but the leather carries the scratches well. The inside is divided into two sections - a laptop sleeve and the main compartment. The laptop sleeve is fit for a 15" MBP, but I use it with a 13" inside of a second sleeve. The main compartment is a good size.
I previously purchased and returned a black bag from LL Bean that was a bit too large, but this one is perfect.
My one complaint is that the black bag I purchased came with a wonderful little rain-proofing cover sewn into the bottom of the bag. I've been caught in a few light rains with this bag and wished I had that sleeve, either sewn into the bottom or just as something could toss into my bag.
February 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by JBF1 Leather Rangeley Messenger Bag
very high quality leather bag with large area to accommodate 15" MacBook and other items.The Rangeley Messenger Bag is great for travel
December 25, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by kelligusto Rangeley Messenger
THIS BAG NEEDS A CENTER HANDLE!!! Will not purchase until that is part of the design.
December 11, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by OLDORCHARDSHOPPER GREAT GIFT
THE SALESMAN WAS SO HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS, MY SON IS A TEACHER AND IS GOING TO LOVE THIS MESSENGER BAG, IT'S PERFECT.
November 6, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by tmatt Quality high; practicality low
The key point: This is not a bag for commuters who need to get in and out of pockets and materials while on the way. This is heavy leather and very high quality, but almost impossible to use unless you stop, lay the bag down, and dig into it's one or two deep pockets. NOT practical while traveling or commuting.
August 21, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by OdysseyMick Expected more than this delivered
This is a good quality product fairly represented. As a messenger bag, it would perform well for a long time. However, it is heavier than expected (reflecting good quality materials and construction, I am sure), and does not have a handle to hand-carry the bag, which I quickly found was a feature I needed from time to time. For anyone that wants a good quality messenger bag to always shoulder-carry, this is worth considering. But for anyone that might want the bag for to and from work that sometimes has to dress even a bit more formally than a bike messenger or wants something a bit more comfortable to lug back and forth, this probably isn't the bag for you. Alas, I found it wasn't for me and returned it.
August 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sammana14 Excellent quality, very attractive bag
I'm a 20-something professional woman and I was looking for a rugged bag that was also nice enough to wear with a suit for carrying my laptop, papers, etc. to work. I bought this and the Regular Leather Messenger Bag in brown (see my review there) and decided to keep this one. My thoughts:
- This bag has great pockets - one in the back, one in the front under the flap with credit card, pen, and cell phone pockets, and a divided main compartment (padded laptop/other). All of the pockets have zip closures.
- It's the best quality "rugged" messenger bag I've ever seen... the leather is thick and soft, the canvas is sturdy, the zippers are strong... it's extremely well constructed. All of this makes it a bit heavier than the Regular Leather Messenger Bag, but not noticeably so once it's on your shoulder.
- I was worried it might be too masculine between the styling and the size (it looks bigger but it's actually almost exactly the same size as the Regular Leather Messenger Bag). It *is* a bit big on me (I'm 5'9) and would definitely overwhelm a smaller frame.
- The size is great for me... it fits my laptop, everything that used to be in my purse (wallet, e-reader, phone, makeup pouch, glasses case, small notebook, etc.), and still has room for files or a large notebook. I plan to use this as an everyday bag, so I did have to buy a small pouch for all of my small purse-type things (breath mints, headphones, etc.).
- It looks great with everything from jeans to a suit and the color is light enough to wear with black.
I'm extremely happy with this purchase and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a good everyday business bag.
June 7, 2013