Rated 5 out of 5 by whitelegs I like this shirt
Read the reviews saying this shirt runs really small so I ordered a large instead of a medium. I think I could have worn a medium but will keep the large as it is comfy and roomy and I can wear a t-shirt under it comfortably. Worried about the green color but I like it. The length seemed shorter on the model but is long on me. Overall, this was a good purchase and I am happy with it.
July 23, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by maplescones Please bring back the non-fitted style!
Several years ago I purchased the previous model of the tropicwear shirt (the one with the tortoise shell style buttons and no darts). I guess they were being cleared out to make way for the new, more fitted shirt with the beveled buttons that are the same color as the shirt. I have finally gotten a chance to wear the older style for kayaking and other active outdoor activities, and I must say that the non-fitted style is extremely comfortable. I do not like wearing tight shirts when I'm out in my kayak. The buttons are much easier to get buttoned too. I am 5'4"/36B/130 lbs. with short arms and the medium regular in the old style is the perfect fit. They are very comfortable size-wise and fabric is not scratchy or plastic-y on my skin (something I'm sensitive to). I like to wear one over a tank top; it looks great buttoned or unbuttoned.
Please consider offering a non-fitted version (no darts!) of some of these woven shirts for active women. And maybe some non-pastel colors? Thank you!
July 3, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by Brucie2 Women's Tropicwear Shirt
Have to agree with others re. sizing being off! Usually I take a size Large...bought same shirt several yrs. ago. Due to sleeve length, I need a Petite Large these days but not offered in Petite. Sleeves are way too long! Definitely don't like the New buttons compared to previous shirt! Had to send back...
March 12, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by ShopsatLLB Great Travel Shirt
Both my husband and I decided to try these tropic wear shirts for our 3 week adventure to Australia and New Zealand. I got the Turquoise and he got the Lapis Blue so we wouldn't look like twins !!
1) We had limited laundry services available so I handwashed these in the hotel and hung them up to dry. They came out great, even after hand wringing them out. The shirts washed really well.
2) Wrinkles were very minimal and believe me we had these in and out of our suitcases constantly.
3) They were light weight enough yet with the long sleeve option they were dressy enough for casual dinners out.
4) I have washed these numerous times in the washing machine, dried them very lightly, and then hung them up to finish drying. Colors stay vibrant, and came out of the dryer nearly wrinkle free.
5) The fit was great for my husband, he got a Large, he's 6 ft tall, about 200 lbs. I got the medium and it fit fine for me even with my long arms the sleeve length was good. I'm about 5' 6", 135 lbs.
6) The plane trip was VERY LONG and I wore this shirt both to and from our destinations. It was very comfortable, soft material, not scratchy. I was able to wear a sweater/fleece jacket over it to stay warm during the chilly flight time.
1) The shirt for me fit well but I would warn some that the chest may be a little snug on women with a larger bustline.
2) I did not like how difficult the buttons were to manipulate. Might be a little hard for people who experience a bit of arthritis, etc. The chest pocket was useless for me but I never carry anything in chest pockets anyway and it was just more a style for appearance sake.
In summary, I gave this shirt 4 stars because of the buttons being difficult. However, other than this small issue, I would have given it 5 stars and would recommend it for those who want a great travel shirt.
March 5, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by MaryFloridaDiver Run way small
I like the style and quality of the shirt, but it runs way, way too small. I usually wear a Large, but ordered an XL large expecting it to be loose and roomy for the hot muggy Hawaiian and Florida days. The XL fit like a Medium and the material doesn't budge and inch. Couldn't button it at the bust. Quality doesn't matter if you can't fit into it. Manufacturer doesn't go by normal US sizing standards. Now I need to pay to ship it back. What a waste!
February 2, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by GoldenRetrieverTaosLover Nice weight for summer
I purchased the light green long sleeve shirt and it has been a good quality addition to the summer wardrobe--mostly used as a shirt to wear over a tank or T-shirt. It is light weight and seems to keep mosquitoes away. However, there are a few issues like the buttons are a bit difficult, the shoulders seem too large for the rest of the shirt, and the pockets are not really usable as the velcro is a heavy weight and to stuff nearly anything in a breast pocket looks odd. It runs small (I usually wear a L with LL Bean shirts and in this case XL is none too big overall). Despite its issues, it is a good weight, good quality, and so I ended up buying a white long sleeve and several of the short sleeves. Wearing these over a tank works best for me.
January 24, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by AZsue Good quality and versatile shirt
I have several of these shirts; they are good quality, fit well, wash and dry perfectly and always look nice. They work as hiking shirts and in more formal settings as well.
November 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by beanfaninLA Love them! But the buttons?
I have two of these shirts and really love them. Except . . . who approved the buttons? They're a strange material and so difficult to get through the button holes that sometimes I just give up (on the sleeves, not the front, lol). I want another one.
November 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hatcollector Bought another
Have had this shirt before and that is why I bought it again! Very satisfied with a durable, quality product.
November 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MichiganLightfoot Perfect outdoors shirt
I bought the lapis quarts and pale lavender. Both colors were soft and pastel as pictured. I'm 5'4" and 134 lbs. and the mediums fit perfectly. The style is fitted without being tight (and I'm a little on the busty side). Loved that the buttons were spaced so they don't pull apart with a gap at the bust when I move around. I've washed and they've stayed in perfect condition. I've worn them for golf, hiking, sailing, and bicycling. I stayed fresh and cool, not hot and sunburned. Love these shirts.
November 15, 2014