Rated 5 out of 5áby MTEman Terrific For Traveling
I bought this for carrying my laptop as well as my camera & lens, because I don't want to adverse what I'm carrying. I used it everyday for 6 weeks while in Austria and couldn't be happier. I'm 6-3, and found the strap to be plenty long enough for me and the padded strap was comfortable walking the streets of Vienna all day. The flap completely covers the interior from rain, and while not waterproof, it kept my camera dry during brief showers. Great compartment for my umbrella came in very handy too.
September 30, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5áby lisamd90 outstanding
I bought this bag to use commuting on my motorcycle. I work night shift-so I go in at 6pm and leave at 7am-changing light conditions. I wear a brightly colored jacket, and I am currently using a regular LL Bean messenger bag that is black. I bought this bag for it's bright orange color so I am visible riding.
The interior is quite roomy. The back of bag is for 2 water bottles, however, a sweatshirt can fit into (for the cooler AM ride home). The front of the bag, ie, the flap that closes, is a zippered compartment that will hold my gloves. There is a compartment for pens, cell phone, etc. also.
Compared to my old bag, LL Bean has made the strap adjustment easier. It seems to be lighter but possibly less durable-however, the old bag is still going strong, like anything you get at LL Bean.
This bag will be perfect for my job commute in changing light conditions, and to carry my gear into work.
May 16, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby jcsTN517 love the color
i love the orange color. very spacious. waterbottle space kinda awkward though.
May 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby TechyFashionista Great for walking around the city
I love this bag. I use it to walk around Chicago and it not only protects my papers, laptop, etc. with its water/snow-proof exterior, it's really comfortable.
The only downside I would say are the peculiar side/sort-of back water bottle holders. However, they do still hold a water bottle and is fine for my purposes. The extra pocket in the front flap, plus the interior ones, ensure ease of use and protection of all my items.
Great bag - if you are looking for a functional and not overly-formal (but not TOO casual either) bag grab this one up. I got it in the grey color and it's great.
April 29, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5áby Kerby Good everyday bag...not sure about the back pocket
I ordered this bag as I wanted something just as practical but more professional looking than a backpack (as a grad student I have lots to carry, but days I'm teaching I'd rather not look like one of my students).
- It definitely lives up to my expectations for roominess - I carry a laptop, several books/files, and lunch each day, and often have room for extra books and binders. Even with tons in it, it still is nicely weighted and is comfy (I always wear it cross body).
-The front panel with all it's pockets is super useful for things I need to find quickly.
- The laptop pocket is wide enough to fit my laptop as well as papers/files that I want to keep flat. I find the padding sufficient for a Macbook Air, but probably wouldn't rely on it for a laptop with a less tough shell.
- I got the carbon and love it - definitely professional enough, but not overly formal.
- I'm really confused by the back 'water bottle' pocket(s). Since it's really one flat pocket across the back, if I put a bottle in, it slides down and bulges out the back making it bang uncomfortably into my leg. I would like to use it to carry files, but since it's sealed across the top and only open on the ends, I can't. So really, all it's useful for is keeping small bits of paper (receipts, folded mail) separate from the rest of my stuff.
- I hate the back loop hand hold - if it's flat against the bag it presses uncomfortably into my hip when the bag is heavy. I had the same problem with my previous LL Bean messenger/diaper bag. I never use it, so I think the solution will be to just cut it off.
April 8, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5áby Easyman Excellent weight to Space Ratio
Love the bag. Lightweight and plenty of space. I just wish it had more pockets.
April 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby StayFitForever Best Messenger Bag, Great for Travel
I love this bag. It fits well under the airplane seat for travel; I was able to use this and my expedition rolling duffle in medium as carry on luggage for overseas travel.
I used this bag everyday for ten days and it was very comfortable to carry and held a lot. I like the unstructured interior design, just one pocket under the flap that held everthing I needed. If you are into organization pockets, then this bag is not for you; I prefer a roomy unstructured interior and this bag worked well.
I love the water bottle holders. For me, they were adequately placed. The bag looked neat with and without bottles. I got this bag in canyon orange for myself and dusty olive for my husband. Canyon orange is bright and attractive, dustry olive is also a beautiful color, though not as bold.
I highly recommend this bag.
January 11, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5áby RockDoc2 Excellent bag
I got the bright orange bag and find it excellent for a carry-all daily man bag. I use it for air travel, including my laptop computer in the padded pocket and everything else I need. Comes with a nice wide strap and huge flap pocket (careful to zip it or things will fall out).
Very happy with this purchase.
October 25, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5áby bradshaw Expedition messenger bag
It was larger than I thought it would be and wouldn't be useful for a 10 day walking trip...I returned it and bought a smaller version of the messenger bag so hopefully it will work for my trip next month.
September 12, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5áby kottomack Now that's a Man purse...
Outstanding carry all...about sums it up..
May 9, 2012