Rated 5 out of 5 by Sheryll Only Hikers I will wear!
This is probably the 5th pair of these hikers that I have bought over the years. I love them. They are comfortable right out of the box. I have gone on a weekend backpacking trip with these straight out of the box and had no problems. I have a lot of feet problems and these are the only shoes that I can wear. (I even work in them)
Would like to see a variety of color options. (bring the eggplant color back) but really I have no complaints. They are comfortable, waterproof and they are not too expensive.
April 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by AgingWithGrace Boots were a good choice!
I was a bit reluctant to buy these boots since some reviews said they were hard to break in around the ankle. However, after I wore them for 3 or 4 several mile walks, they were broken in and ready for some good hiking. I took other reviewers' advice and got a 1/2 size bigger than I usually wear to accommodate thicker hiking socks. Good decision. They fit perfectly. Worth the money. Glad I bought these, and I expect to enjoy them for years to come!
April 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by HikenBike Waterproof Trail Hikers Mid - Cut
The fit is perfect for me. I ordered Wide which are hard to find elsewhere. They are comfortable, and not too wide. I hike on moderate to steep trails, about 6 - 8 miles. Some are very rocky and the boots had good traction and stability.
April 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MsSuesMail So comfortable!
I read the other reviews and took the advice of ordering 1/2 size larger because my normal width is 2E and these were a D but they fit PERFECTLY. From box to Sedona hiking for a week. Not one bit of pain. Total comfort and great support. I have a "Club Foot" and weak ankles...but these were fantastic!
April 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by pinkshoes waterproof shoes
LLBean Shoes are the most comfortable shoes I ever owned
April 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Redhead3 Awesome everyday boots!
I purchased these boots for fall and winter. I wear them everywhere during that time of the year. They are very warm and waterproof and easy to scrub clean. I love the fit and comfort of these boots. I purchased a wide width, as I wear thick wool socks and sometimes use adhesive toe warmers. The wide is perfect for this purpose. I tend to like my toe boxes a little roomy too. I
I even wear these boots with sporty skirts and dresses- very cute boots!
April 1, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by GraceandBen Good boot and deffinatly waterproof.
I bought these boots to use for work. It makes it easier if I have waterproof boots as I work for a tree service and have to walk through wet yards and the woods a lot. I think they fit well for the most part. I do have a little problem with my right boot. It seems every time I wear it for a long day, I come home with a sore foot. I think it has something to do with the tounge of the boot. I might just not be putting it on right though so I don't think it is the fault of L.L. Bean. :) I just thought I would add it in here in case. I am very happy with the boots in all other ways. They have held up very nicely so far and they have held up to the waterproof test. Just the other day I was at work and the boss got wet feet from the melting snow and mine were nice and dry. :) I would deffinatly recommend these boots to someone looking for a good waterproof work boot. I can't say that I would use them for hiking though. But mostly just because of the issue I have. Also as I tend to have feet that like support and comfort for hiking.
March 26, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by CrazySheepHokie Great quality but not supportive for foot problems
First I will write the good things about these boots.
1) They are warm! I didn't want to get the insulated ones because I wanted to be able to wear them comfortably in warm weather as well, but my feet have never been cold in these boots even working in 20 degree weather out at the barn.
2) They are dirt resistant - I can step in ankle deep manure and none of it seeps through the mesh.
3) They have great tread. I am never lacking for traction in these boots and I have only slipped once down a steep hill coated with several inches of ice.
4) The fit is great. I got a wide and I have never had problems with blisters on my toes and they were also just the right length.
There are, however, some cons to these boots as well.
1) They take ages to break in. Even wearing tall thick socks, I got raw spots on my calves from wearing them for even an hour. It took a good month of regularly wearing them every day for an hour or so for them to wear in. Now that they're sufficiently broken in they are great - no problems. It just took longer for them to get that way than any other pair of boots I've owned, even knee-high horseback riding boots.
2) They are water-resistant. NOT water-proof. Stepping in a deep puddle a few times or spilling water on them is no big deal, but if you are working consistently in wet muddy conditions for a couple of hours, water starts to seep in. Not what I would call water proof but my feet are not soaking either.
3) I have plantar fasciitis and peroneal tendonitis. Even wearing special orthotic inserts in these boots, I am in a good deal of pain after only a couple hours of wear. Wearing them all day as I sometimes must do if I am working at the barn and have no time to change between then and going to class, I am rendered practically unable to walk at the end of the day. This probably wouldn't be a problem at all for someone without foot problems obviously, but if you have conditions like these, I would say to ask your doctor if they can recommend a boot that is somewhat more supportive.
March 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by CanadianOutdoorsLady EXCELLENT HIKERS
These boots felt comfortable the first time I put them on! I needed new waterproof hikers for a trekking trip in Argentina and these boots certainly lived up to their advertisement! It was the rainy season in Argentina, so lots of water and mud to trek through and my feet were dry and comfortable the entire time...I would definitely recommend these hikers to anyone needing waterproof boots!
February 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Coloradoregular great value
I was hesitant to order hiking boots online, but couldn't find any reasonably-priced WATERPROOF boots at local stores. These have turned out to be perfect - warm, waterproof, comfortable. When I first tried them on, I was concerned that they might be a bit small for me (I usually wear 7.5 or 8, and had ordered size 8) . . . but I have found that even thought they do fit snugly, there are NO pressure points, and they remain very comfortable even when walking for several hours.
February 5, 2014