Winter Weekend Getaway
- All inclusive - $525 per person (bunkhouse) or $650 per person (private cabin). Call for kids' pricing.
- Activity Level:
- Easy to Moderate
- Minimum Age:
- 10 (17 or under with parent or guardian)
- Learn how to snowshoe and cross country ski in Maine's spectacular Moosehead Lake Region
- Enjoy the comfort of two nights lodging and great meals at the beautiful Gorman Chairback Lodge
- Discover scenic vistas along a wooded network of groomed trails
World-class instruction and spectacular scenery are rolled into one in this outstanding weekend adventure. Set in Maine's beautiful Moosehead Lake Region, this adventure provides the perfect introduction to two popular winter sports: snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. You'll learn all the basics from our expert instructors and explore the lovely groomed trails surrounding the stunning Gorman Chairback Lodge where you'll spend two nights in fine bunkhouse style or in a private cabin. A state-of-the-art "off-the-grid" facility, the Gorman Chairback Lodge features wonderful home-cooked meals, hot showers, a reading room, a wood-fired sauna, and many other amenities. All meals and snacks included.
Start on Friday at 10 a.m. and ride a snowmobile shuttle from the parking area to Gorman Chairback Lodge where you'll have time to settle in. After lunch, take a cross-country ski class and enjoy the trails around the lodge. Spend the evening relaxing in the comfortable lodge after a delicious dinner. On Saturday, you'll enjoy breakfast in the lodge, then spend the day snowshoeing and skiing on the lake and trails. On Sunday, begin the day with a morning snowshoe or ski outing followed by lunch. Then ride the snowmobile back to the parking area to depart by 4 p.m.
|Freeport, Maine||February 8 - February 10||10 a.m.-4 p.m.|