- All inclusive - $599; 17 and under $559
- Activity Level:
- Minimum Age:
- 10 (17 and under with participating adult)
- Experience the thrill of dogsledding, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
- Enjoy great meals and two nights at the beautiful Flagstaff Lake Hut
- Explore a network of trails in and around Maine's spectacular Bigelow Preserve
- Receive expert instruction from our world-class guides
Experience the best heritage sports winter has to offer, including dogsledding – all in a magnificent wilderness setting. You'll enjoy two nights and three days at the beautiful Flagstaff Lake Hut located on the shore of Flagstaff Lake, abutting Maine's Bigelow Preserve. Our Registered Maine Guides will meet you at the Long Falls Dam Road trailhead on your first day and help you get your pack ready for the easy 1.8-mile snowshoe into the hut. A half-day will be devoted to dogsledding, a rare opportunity to explore the countryside by this ancient and thrilling mode of travel. Then our world-class guides will provide expert instruction in snowshoeing and cross-country skiing, guiding you along the scenic trails surrounding the lake.
After each excursion, you'll warm up back at the lodge with a cup of hot cocoa by the fire and enjoy a delicious dinner. A state-of-the-art "off-the-grid" facility, the Flagstaff Lake Hut features wonderful home-cooked meals, hot showers, a reading room and many other amenities. Spend the night in a comfortable bunkhouse.
|Freeport, Maine||March 7 2014 - March 9 2014||10 a.m.-4 p.m.|