Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Recertification (Challenge) Course
- Current WFR certification and completion of pre-course study packet are required.
- Activity Level:
- Minimum Age:
- Wilderness First Responder Recertification
- Three--day (24-hour) course
- All necessary equipment, including course materials, is provided
L.L.Bean has partnered with Wilderness Medical Associates, a respected leader in wilderness medical education since 1981. This is a three-day (24-hour) course which is open to graduates of all WFR courses 64 hours or longer. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be certified as a Wilderness Medical Associates WFR. All necessary equipment, including course materials, is provided. Successful completion of the course requires full attendance and satisfactory performance on written and practical quizzes.
The first day will begin with a review of the study packet. Then you'll work on patient assessment systems (PAS), basic life support, circulatory/respiratory/nervous systems and lifts, moves, and extrication drills.
On day two, the class will study musculoskeletal injuries, dislocations, spine management and wounds and burns. PAS drills will give you the opportunity to test your assessment skills. Then you'll move on to splinting extremities, splinting spines, and incident simulations.
The final day's subjects will include allergies and anaphylaxis, environmental injuries, PAS drills and more simulations. The course will end with a final exam.
|Freeport, Maine||March 22 - March 24||8 a.m.-6 p.m. Call for reservations|
Note: Be prepared to be outdoors in both warm and cool temperatures, dry or wet, windy or calm conditions. A significant amount of time during the course is spent outdoors.
What to bring:
- Old clothing (long sleeve shirt and long pant/sweats) that you do not mind destroying in simulations
- Pen or pencil
- Water bottle
- Current BLS/CPR card for Wilderness First Responders who are taking this course as a recertification
What we provide:
- All necessary equipment, including course materials