Introduction to Sea Kayaking Combo
- Activity Level:
- Minimum Age:
- 12 (17 and under with parent or guardian)
- We've combined our Introduction to Sea Kayaking Strokes and Introduction to Sea Kayaking Safety Skills courses into one full day on the water at a discounted price.
- Spend a day kayaking in a small group led by Registered Maine Guides
- Review kayak nomenclature, boat fit and essential equipment
- Practice basic paddling strokes to maneuver your kayak
- Learn fundamental safety practices and basic rescue techniques
- Lunch will be provided
Discover a new horizon by exploring the fun and exciting world of sea kayaking. With Registered Maine Guides and ACA Certified Instructors on staff, you'll learn and practice the basic skills and strokes you need to paddle on your own. This full-day course combines our Introduction to Sea Kayaking Strokes and Introduction to Sea Kayaking Safety Skills courses - at a discounted price. In a small group setting that allows for personal attention, our expert instructors will explain kayak design, paddling terminology and boat fit ? perfect for beginners. You will learn and practice strokes, such as the reverse, sweep and draw, and safety techniques including wet exits, T-rescue and re-entry with a paddle float. Then you'll take a short, guided tour using your new skills. Our experienced guides will share their knowledge and enthusiasm for this healthy, low-impact sport, making this a day of fun and learning.
|Freeport, Maine||May 25||8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.|
|June 15 - June 29||8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Only 15 and 29|
|July 7 - July 27||8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Only 7, 14, 19, 27|
|August 3 - August 16||8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Only 3, 10, 16|
|September 7||8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.|