Advanced Sea Kayaking Techniques
- Introduction to Sea Kayaking & Intermediate Sea Kayaking
- Activity Level:
- Minimum Age:
- 12 (17 and under with parent or guardian)
- Now at a new lower price for 2013
- You'll spend the day receiving one-on-one guidance and experiencing group learning opportunities
- Learn how to navigate with a GPS, a compass and nautical charts to help you feel more confident on open water
- Practice managing ocean dynamics and group organization with our Registered Maine Guides
- Lunch will be provided
This day of fun and education will help you get more out of your future kayaking adventures discover how far and fast you can go. With Registered Maine Guides and ACA Certified Instructors on staff, learn the paddling and navigation skills you need to explore open water in a kayak, all while enjoying a guided tour with beautiful scenery. You'll learn how to use a GPS, a compass and nautical charts while receiving expert tips about route planning from our expert instructors. As you paddle through Maine's majestic Casco Bay, you'll practice advanced rescue and towing techniques and learn how to work with changing water and weather conditions. Your instructor will also provide guidance on organizing a group outing, and share advice on how to keep your whole group safe and comfortable.
First you'll learn how to use navigation tools and aids such as a GPS, charts and a compass. Your guide will then discuss how to approach different types of weather and tides, and share tips for route finding. Take a short tour to practice your new skills, then enjoy a delicious seaside lunch. After lunch you'll get back on the water to practice open water crossings, learn towing and stabilization techniques and review various rescue procedures.
|Freeport, Maine||July 27||8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.|