L.L.Bean to Open King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, Store September 30
Three-day grand opening celebration with giveaways at Philadelphia-area store
Freeport, ME – L.L.Bean, a leading retailer of quality outdoor equipment and apparel, will open its newest store at King of Prussia Mall, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, at 9 a.m., Friday, September 30. Everyone who loves the outdoors is invited to the three-day grand opening celebration that promises fun and adventure for the whole family.
- Friday: Gift card giveaway – worth up to $500 – to the first 100 customers.
- Saturday: Kayak giveaway – worth up to $500 – to five lucky customers.
- Sunday: Boat and Tote Bag giveaway – to the first 100 customers.
Expert instructors from L.L.Bean’s Outdoor Discovery Schools will offer FREE kayaking and fly-casting classes all weekend from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. Enjoy free workshops on GPS navigation and camping essentials, get a bear hug from L.L.Bean mascot, “L.L. Bear,” and see live birds of prey with the John James Audubon Center. For a complete list of free activities and giveaways throughout the weekend visit: http://www.llbean.com/kingofprussia.
“Philadelphia and the countryside offer some of the best outdoor recreational opportunities in the state. We want to make sure L.L.Bean customers are outfitted with the appropriate apparel, gear and knowledge for their next adventure,” said Ken Kacere, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Retail. “With the opening of our third Pennsylvania store, we can provide a broad range of recreational products and more hands-on opportunities with our popular Outdoor Discovery Schools to serve our customers in the area.”
Bean’s new store is approximately 15,000 square feet and its first inline mall store. It will employ approximately 80 people and offer a carefully selected assortment of high-quality and affordable casual apparel and footwear, outdoor apparel and gear, including hiking, fly-fishing, and camping products, luggage and travel gear and items for the home – all backed by L.L.Bean’s 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
L.L.Bean is using social media and on-site events prior to the store Grand Opening to engage the community and raise awareness of its new store.
- September 16 - October 2: Guess the number of L.L.Bean Boots arranged in an eight foot tall glass display located outside the new store entrance. One winner to receive new L.L.Bean Boots for his or her family.
- September 17 - 24: Play the “Find the Boot” Twitter game with @LLBeanKoP. One winner to receive a $1,000 L.L.Bean Gift Card.
- September 24: L.L.Bean is creating a fully outfitted campsite on the plaza near the Neiman Marcus entrance and hosting Boy Scout Troops 551 and 313 for an overnight campout. L.L.Bean experts will conduct product demonstrations during the afternoon of September 24 and morning of September 25 and help Scouts to earn badges.
The King of Prussia store is L.L.Bean’s 15th retail store outside the state of Maine. Store address: 160 North Gulph Road, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. Grand Opening hours are 9 a.m.-9 p.m. September 30 through October 2.
About L.L.Bean, Inc.
L.L.Bean, Inc. is a leading multi-channel merchant of quality outdoor gear and apparel. Founded in 1912 by Leon Leonwood Bean, the company began as a one-room operation selling a single product, the Maine Hunting Shoe. While its business has grown substantially, the company remains committed to the same honest principles upon which it was built – a focus on the customer, continuous product improvement and innovation, respect for people, preservation of the natural environment and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. L.L.Bean products are rigorously tested, guaranteed to last and always shipped free. The 220,000 sq. ft. Flagship campus of stores in Freeport, Maine is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and welcomes more than three million visitors each year. L.L.Bean can be found worldwide at llbean.com. Join L.L.Bean on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.